Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Ruining credit rating even when paid up

Why is it that koodo condones ruininging a persons credit rating through metropolitan credit adjusters even when you have paid off your account in full as of dec 15, 2015?   It says "Koodo" is still looking for money when i went to the bank for a loan.  Koodo and my account said that I paid it off in full (.34 owing) in dec 2015!!   Brutal.  Koodo rep. lied to me saying it takes 2-3 years to have that removed which i know not to be true and when i spoke with metropolitan credit adjusters, they said it should have been removed in december 2015. Do not think i will use Koodo again or telus.  not cool when the reps lie to you.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Im sure employees are not trained to lie.  Im sure it was a misunderstaning or human error.  mistakes happen unfortunately
I purchased my phone in Jan 2016, and pay my bill in full every month same day as notification comes in.  When dealing with my bank today they advised that my account here is reported as unpaid bill for 2-months which is not true as 0 balance is indicated on this account.  This is affecting my credit rating as well so I do not understand why that is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lu-Ann C. wrote:

I purchased my phone in Jan 2016, and pay my bill in full every month same day as notification co...

Do you have a $0 account balance or $0 tab balance?
$0 Tab balance just means you aren't currently paying for a phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lu-Ann C. wrote:

I purchased my phone in Jan 2016, and pay my bill in full every month same day as notification co...

Have you reviewed your pdf e.bill to see the details of your bill and payments?

You may have to contact Koodo if for some reason they are flagging your account even if it has been paid on time. I recommend sending them a private message via facebook (to avoid waiting on hold if you called in)
Lu-Ann C. wrote:

To me Koodo are a bunch of F'n assholes.  You miss a payment by a couple of days and they screw your credit rating.  Not too happy with them and cannot wait to get rid of them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lu-Ann C. wrote:

Sorry you feel that way Edward, but this matter is more than a couple of days. There's been a significant past due carried forward for the majority of the past year.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lu-Ann C. wrote:

Still bull shit. I caught up since September and missedthe last one by a couple of days.  I will be telling everyone and getting rid of you guys soon enough!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lu-Ann C. wrote:

So you caught up fine but you spent most of the year with a large past due. Great you paid it and now it's not getting worse, but any bill over 90 days past due is going to damage your credit and 120 or more even more so. That's going to take timentonget off your credit and if you werdnt able to make regular payments you should have contacted Koodo to make arrangements to protect your credit or switch to prepaid or a cheaper plan until you were ok again if that's what it was.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lu-Ann C. wrote:

Take responsibility for your own actions.  Always pay your bills on time and this wouldnt happen
Lu-Ann C. wrote:

Any provider would do the same thing. If you do change providers which might prove difficult(they will do a credit check) expect the same consequences unless the bill is paid on time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lu-Ann C. wrote:

Clamoring at Koodo is like blaming the news reporter because you don't like the way a story is turning out. This is the sum total of what Koodo or Telus report to the credit bureau as part of their standard agreement.

Not Koodo's fault if payments are overdue. Once you've let off some steam, it might be more realistic to make arrangements with Koodo rather than attempt to get approved as a new account somewhere else. Nobody wants trouble from a new customer, but most everyone will put up with some discomfort as long as things show signs of improving.
You also have the right to get a copy of your credit report form a reporting bureau for free and to correct any inaccuracies that might appear there.