Koodo Community
Question

Romania LD saver lousy rate $1.00/min

Why do you have such lousy LD Saver (sic) rates for Romania (EU country), $1.00/MIN (! ! !) but very attractive for all the region countries: Hungary, Greece 5¢/min; Croatia, Yugoslavia (sic), Bulgaria 10¢/min; Moldova 15¢/min ? I think if you DON'T do something very soon about this I shall drop your LD saver and go for Skype, Google voice, Viber etc. All I wanted is to use my phone and your plan and I though that you want my money. Actually don't bother answer WHY ! Just get your rates consistent for the region.

This topic has been closed for comments

37 replies

Blame the Romainia provider.
A genius answer.
Well don't try and put the blame on Koodo when it's not Koodo's fault.
Well don't try and put the blame on Koodo when it's not Koodo's fault.Please, if you can't be useful: abstain.
Well don't try and put the blame on Koodo when it's not Koodo's fault.Back at ya. Your complaint doesn't do anything. It's pretty much useless.
Well don't try and put the blame on Koodo when it's not Koodo's fault.Such a bull...y. Ignore, report, enjoy.
Well don't try and put the blame on Koodo when it's not Koodo's fault.LOL!!!! Calls me a bully after he tells me to not post. Great logic there buddy.
Honestly, if you're calling LD internationally, there are better and cheaper ways to do it. Calling LD over landline (home phone) service is ALWAYS cheaper then mobile LD, and there's LOTS of calling cards for International long distance. Pro tip: Use a calling card if you MUST use your mobile phone to make International calls to get the best rates 😉 I just double checked on my home phone service (Cogeco), their LD rate for Romania is $0.39/min. (Edited: Totally wrong country looked up, sorry)
Honestly, if you're calling LD internationally, there are better and cheaper ways to do it. Call...Though it's missing the point and essence of the topic, at least your comment it's decent and offers some perspective. AGAIN: people want to use Koodo plan/add-on, and they DO offer acceptable rates for region countries. People can EASILY switch to FREE LD, but they may also consider different carriers (e.g. WIND international LD add-on offers 2¢/min for most of Europe and not only). Calling card service sucks, just an aggravation. Also: please stop making assumptions that people own or are willing to use landlines in the 3rd millennium, that would just defeat the purpose of a mobile phone. Nowhere the topic mentioned landlines, just comparing apples to apples: region countries LD rates within SAME Koodo add-on, More people screaming for this will make Koodo act. Supply and demand. Demand and they shall supply.
Honestly, if you're calling LD internationally, there are better and cheaper ways to do it. Call...Allow me to put in some further enlightenment. Say you want to call the UK, You make two different calls to two different people. Person A, who has a Land line, calling them costs you $0.10/min. Person B who only has a mobile phone, calling them costs you $0.49/min. (Assume both calls made from a landline phone for this example). Mobile phones are always more expensive to use to call with, and serve as emergency phones, a "life companion" or in some newer cases to be seen now, the only phone someone has. For a quick Comparison...Verison in the states charges $1.99 (non-discounted) to call Romania. I have a feeling the Telecom companies out there are part of this issue, because Koodo isn't the only provider to have huge rates. I wish I could give you some sort of actual reasoning as to why calling there is so much higher, I looked as much as I can and didn't find success as to explanation for LD pricing.
Honestly, if you're calling LD internationally, there are better and cheaper ways to do it. Call...WIND World Saver with Unlimited Int'l Text add-on http://tinyurl.com/chb45tp Romania (fixed) 2¢/min Romania (mobile) 10¢/min
Honestly, if you're calling LD internationally, there are better and cheaper ways to do it. Call...Fido $5 U.S. and International Preferred Rate add-on: http://www.fido.ca/web/content/ldtravelling/intl_rates Romania (fixed) 25¢/min
Honestly, if you're calling LD internationally, there are better and cheaper ways to do it. Call...Really care for US providers ? OK... T-mobile No Annual Contract plans offers: International Unlimited Talk and Text for $10/mo. http://tinyurl.com/ayp3jcd unlimited calls on T-Mobile’s network to landlines in over 50 countries (yes, including Romania), unlimited texting to any mobile phone in over 200 countries... and MUCH more. And please remember: there is NO CONTRACT plan involved.
Userlevel 6
Honestly, if you're calling LD internationally, there are better and cheaper ways to do it. Call...I guess Fido has something against Hungarians because they charge $0.75 per minute vs. koodo's $0.05. We can play this game forever. 🙂
You misunderstand the idea behind a MOBILE phone.
You misunderstand the idea behind a MOBILE phone.Koodo's choir leader: please enlighten us.
You misunderstand the idea behind a MOBILE phone.I'll humor you, because I know you're being sarcastic. Mobile phones are for simple calls while on the go. If you want to make international calls with low rates, use a landline. Yes, landlines are still offered and will be for years to come.
You misunderstand the idea behind a MOBILE phone.Tough Call: If You Never Use a Landline, Why Do You Still Pay for It? http://business.time.com/2010/07/26/tough-call-if-you-never-use-a-landline-why-do-you-still-pay-for-it/#ixzz2OPUoMVsb good lecture for cavemen.
Userlevel 1
You misunderstand the idea behind a MOBILE phone.Marcus, your arguments of the use of landlines have been everything but logical. Far from me to dip into sarcasm and arrogance you two have been dishing out to each other, let me shed some light for you : in many african countries having landlines is extremely expensive but since they started mobile telephony, most people can now afford to have a phone number...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clearly you have already determined that the real reason koodo charges more to call Romania is that they are part of a conspiracy to discriminate against Romanians. By extension, the same conspiracy also targets Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Libya and Jamaica, since all of these countries share the $1 a minute calling rate. Nothing anyone on here says will make any difference to you, as we are all clearly part of the conspiracy, thus rendering this entire thread a colossal waste of time.
Userlevel 6
Clearly you have already determined that the real reason koodo charges more to call Romania is th...Had to came out of retirement just to say this: Timo, you rock! lol! Have a star 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clearly you have already determined that the real reason koodo charges more to call Romania is th...Whoa Val, mind your manners please ... Timo is one of the most awesome Koodo employees I have ever seen answer questions here... he is courteous, knowledgeable and helpful, that is more than I can say of yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clearly you have already determined that the real reason koodo charges more to call Romania is th...I also work 3:30-midnight, monday to friday. You have no idea what late is, my deluded friend.
Clearly you have already determined that the real reason koodo charges more to call Romania is th...Call friend, deluded whoever you like, but not me. Passing judgments like you did above, is of NO service to your company, if indeed Kodoo, or just their subcontractor, Teleperformance. Trust me, you shall not go away with this so easily.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clearly you have already determined that the real reason koodo charges more to call Romania is th...I'm pretty convinced Timo shall not go away at all... whereas you, I wouldn't be at all surprised, are seriously facing a ban. Just sayin... you did not make a very good impression in your first series of posts on a new forum, at least not to me 😉