Koodo Community

Community

Rollover minutes? Rollover data? Are such things possible?

Would it be possible for you at Koodo to implement a Roll-over program? For example, I always seem to end up with a handful of unused anytime minutes and same goes with my data plan. I'd love to be able to save my unused services from month to month. I understand that this may sound too good to be true so I suggest the following guidelines and limitations. 1. [i]Limit the roll-over amounts Place a limit of say 25% of services to roll-over regardless of how much actually remains unused. 2. [i]Implement a plan add-on for roll-over service Make this completely optional, say for $5-25 extra every month. Price based on how much of their unused service that people want to have roll over at $1 per 1%. 3. [i]Offer Roll-over services in place of the tab Optionally, instead of allowing customers to opt into a roll-over program as a plan add-on allow them to have limited roll-over services instead of the tab. Thanks for considering this idea!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's a great idea... that is why Koodo is the first/only carrier in Canada/the world who has implemented just that on Prepaid... without any limits even 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Ian If you are on Prepaid plan, your add-on Talk boosters and Data boosters will carry over to next month (If you renew your base plan). It will be nice if monthly plan has roll over, but there is Unlimited Evenings (5 or 7p.m) and Weekends also Unlimited Family Calling on monthly plan. I'm really happy with Family calling feature. (^_^)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Sophia! We did it again. lol \(^_*)/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Hi Sophia! We did it again. lol \(^_*)/

Hahahaha yes! 😃 Great minds think alike!
I'm actually on the Canada wide 45 double minutes double data promo monthly plan right now. Thanks for letting me know about the prepaid though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ian M. wrote:

I'm actually on the Canada wide 45 double minutes double data promo monthly plan right now. Thank...

I didn’t know about prepaid plan before. But it’s because of this community I leaned new things. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Great idea. It does sound too good to be true.
Tomislav wrote:

Great idea. It does sound too good to be true.

That's why I suggested some limitations.
Userlevel 7
For prepaid it's fine because it's exactly that, you pay everything before you can use it. From the company's standpoint, however, it is a terrible business strategy. Cingular wireless in the US (now merged with AT&T) had rollover minutes on their postpaid plans for a while several years ago. Any unused minutes rolled over to the next month. Sounds awesome for customers! Problem was people were putting it on the bare minimum plan they offered and just kept accumulating minutes... Cingular lost so much money that they discontinued the program.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

For prepaid it's fine because it's exactly that, you pay everything before you can use it. From t...

My Dad has a grandfathered T-Mobile plan (in Europe) that also has roll over minutes. But as you said, those plans didn't last long and I don't know of any provider who offers that now. Mind you he's also got unlimited Internet and all that for less than 25 euros per month. Those were the good old days 😃
We pay highest cellphone rates on the planet, all infrastructure in place znd already paid for so we are being gouged because we keep paying. Enjoy!
Userlevel 5
Osama Bush wrote:

We pay highest cellphone rates on the planet, all infrastructure in place znd already paid for so...

Well considering the upgrades to the infrastructure (HSPA/LTE), and the fact that those aren't even available in all areas I'd argue the fact that "all infrastructure in place and paid for". Upgrades are constantly happening. Also look at literally how big our country is in terms of land space. Now look at where most of the people live. Finally look at all the areas that don't have coverage that people want to use their phones, or even the areas where few people live that don't have service. These upgrades, and holes need to happen and someone has to pay for it. Now am I saying it would be nice to have cheaper plans? Sure but we've come a long way in the almost 4 years since I got a smartphone. Originally I was paying over $100 a month to Bell to use an iPhone and I'm down to 60 a month right now, things are getting better and even if it's not cheaper dollar wise we are getting more for our $.