Koodo Community
Question

Roaming in India - charges for unanswered calls?

• 15 October 2013
  • 6 replies

I will be in India for a month. Purchasing a local SIM seems to be very complicated, and I really only want to send and/or receive the odd text message, as well as use Wi-Fi when available. I understand that in order for texting to work, I need to add LD international at $2/month and also International Voice Roaming at $0. I will also disable data roaming. I know I will be charged $0.60 per incoming and outgoing text message, and given that I will have only a few of them, I am happy to pay that. But can someone tell me definitively whether I will incur roaming charges for voice calls that come into my phone which I don't answer? There are many posts elsewhere on the Web that say you are charged twice for these calls - once for the call to come to your phone overseas, and once for the call to go back to your home voicemail. And there are other posts saying that's not true for carrier X. Can someone say for sure what is the situation with Koodo? Also, are there any other comments about whether this set-up will work the way I want it too?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you do not answer you will not be charged for a voice call
Userlevel 6
Just remember that you have little control who texts you when, so any messages delivered to your phone will cost $0.60 even if you don't open then.
Thank you both for your speedy responses. I would really love to have someone from Koodo confirm this, as the arguments made on other web-sites, both for and against being charged if you don't answer and the call goes to voicmail, seem quite convincing.
Userlevel 6
Thank you both for your speedy responses. I would really love to have someone from Koodo confirm...Hi there, Dennis is right! If you don't answer the call, you won't be charged 🙂 Calling your voicemail to listen to a message would be charged though. You can however call yourself from another phone and press * during the greetings in order to listen to your messages. Enjoy your trip! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Thank you both for your speedy responses. I would really love to have someone from Koodo confirm...Thank you very much Yannick. I appreciate your responsiveness, and the good news as well.
Userlevel 1
Unlock your phone and try this: www.roamly.com