Koodo Community
Solved

roaming fees

• 30 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi,

I was wondering why i got roaming fees when the phone was left in plane mode and charges are in the middle of the night...when i’m sleeping.  No one used my phone i’m sure of it.  never shared my pin with no one.

icon

Best answer by Dennis 30 September 2020, 23:05

i thought that might be it….once a week auto restart.

That is likely the issue.  I have experienced this when I was travelling a few years back too.  What happens is that before airplane mode kicks in, the phone leaks some data to apps prior airplane mode being fully applied.  The best way to prevent data leakage while roaming would be to take out your sim.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Was your roaming disabled?. Did you receive a text message from koodo or a local provider regarding ‘roaming’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What does your detailed pdf ebill say regarding your roaming?  Does it say when it started and what was used?

said connection 1 min 3:45 am …..12$

roaming was off because, i only turned it on 2 occasions and with airplane mode off.  had flat 12$ fee for using and was aware of it.   Unfortunately,  twice during the week at night i was still charged when both roaming was off and airplane mode was on

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

said connection 1 min 3:45 am …..12$

roaming was off because, i only turned it on 2 occasions and with airplane mode off.  had flat 12$ fee for using and was aware of it.   Unfortunately,  twice during the week at night i was still charged when both roaming was off and airplane mode was on

Are you restarting (turning off then turning on) your phone at all while it is on airplane mode?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is likely the issue.  I have experienced this when I was travelling a few years back too.  What happens is that before airplane mode kicks in, the phone leaks some data to apps prior airplane mode being fully applied.  The best way to prevent data leakage while roaming would be to take out your sim.

i didn’t connect thus i shouldn’t be charged then..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i didn’t connect thus i shouldn’t be charged then..

Thats why data leakage means.  Connecting and using data before airplane mode kicks in.  It really is poor phone design.

and i cant get in touch with no one at koodo.  tried 6 calls and get return calls that ring forever.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

and i cant get in touch with no one at koodo.  tried 6 calls and get return calls that ring forever.

If callbacks are not working for you, please send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter