Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Roaming data charges

I had a five dollar charge on my last invoice for date roaming, but I haven't left my home town. Why is that?

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Are you close to a US border? If so theres a chance your phone connected to a US tower, even from your home town. If not, it could just be a billing error 🙂 Give customer service a call (*611 on your koodo phone!) and they should be able to reverse the charges. 🙂
Matthew wrote:

Are you close to a US border? If so theres a chance your phone connected to a US tower, even from...

hello, is there a way I can stop the connection to the US tower? because the same thing happened to me and want to prevent more charges on my bill. thank you!
Matthew wrote:

Are you close to a US border? If so theres a chance your phone connected to a US tower, even from...

I forgot to say that my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S 4
Userlevel 6
Matthew wrote:

Hi Valerie, in your phone, go to Settings / More Settings (under Connections tab) / Mobile Networks / Network operators. Select manually Koodo 🙂 Thank you!
Matthew wrote:

Thank you! but is this something I do once and it will stay my option koodo or do I have to do it some time once in a while? ... and to have my 5$ reembourse do I have to call *611 and if yes, will I be charged for my call? Thanks again!
Userlevel 6
Matthew wrote:

Hi Valerie, if your phone lost the connection to the network, you will have to select it again. Otherwise, it will stay on 🙂 Concerning the fees, call us at *611, option #5, and we'll have a look! The call is free of charge 🙂 Thank you!
Matthew wrote:

Thank you Yannick for your help! I will call when I get the chance!
Userlevel 7
Let us know what phone you have so we can give you instructions to keep.your phone from grabbing networks other than Koodo.
I also noticed a 5$ for Roaming Data Usage. I used 0MB though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JackK wrote:

I also noticed a 5$ for Roaming Data Usage. I used 0MB though.[img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfr...

Did you go close to a US border or to US?
Save this screen shot, but they might update your usage later due to US data roaming.
I would call Koodo if usage still stays 0MB and you actually get charged. They can explain/help you.