Koodo Community

Community

roaming charges on text

I got a roaming text from Koodo while I was in Cuba, that the incoming messages were free and outgoing texts are $0.6 since I didnt get the roaming add on. I got there on the 31st of March and now I'm back and got additional charge of $4.2 but I've only sent 4 texts on that day and received 3. So I'm wondering if they charged me for incoming texts as well? Or is there a limit of characters per message?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It states that each message is per 160 characters. For example a 230 character text will be sent as 2 texts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Stanko, if you look closer it does say (same line on your bill where the $4.20 is) that it was 7 message. 7X$0.60=$4.20 
Does the space count as a character?
Bernard wrote:

Stanko, if you look closer it does say (same line on your bill where the $4.20 is) that it was 7 ...

Hi Bernard,

I understand that, but didn't understand where it got 7 since I've only sent 3. That's why I was wondering how many characters (including space as a character) was allowed.

Stanko
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It sure does!
Thanks Goran. Now this makes sense since my text was 605 characters.
Is there a way to have an option on the phone to notify you when it becomes a second text?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
stanko pavlovic wrote:

Is there a way to have an op...

On my phone there is a little counter in the top right of the text. When you go to a new text it will say 2/x amount of characters. First number is how many texts, secibd is amount of charcters
stanko pavlovic wrote:

Is there a way to have an op...

Great. Thanks Allan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As well certain characters count as more than others. € for example will use 2 in some cases. For me an emoji will use about 92 characters. There are lots of little things like that that could have made you go over the limit
Allan wrote:

As well certain characters count as more than others. € for example will use 2 in some cases. For...

Oh, ok. Got it. 
Thanks Allan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not that I know of these days. At least not guaranteed. It depends on the phone if it counts the number of characters that you use.
Thanks guys.