Koodo Community
Question

roaming charges

• 7 September 2019
  • 5 replies

how come i was charge of roaming fees when i was in jamaica ? koodo wasn't advice me to enroll in easy roam when i took this bring your on device plan if ever i leave the country? i thought this is already applied in my plan.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you enable roaming? Your plan by default didn't have roaming. Customers have to enable it themself. Did you choose payperuse roaming? https://www.koodomobile.com/help/easy-roam
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did anyone tell you that or something? Nowhere does it say that it's enabled by default.

If you got a large bill maybe you can talk to the billing department to explain the misunderstanding that you thought it was already on by default.
Nobody advice me about to call and register before leaving the country. I knew only i was charged when they notify me that you exceed to $25 then $50 then $75 and lastly $100. So i got charge for $100 for a 10mb of data. And thats the time i knew i dont have the easy roam and need to register to easy roam. The problem with koodo, you cant talk to anyone because if you call someone, you will be charge for help! Sounds weird right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You only get charged if you request that a rep do something for you that you can do yourself in self-serving. You can add easyroam yourself so you'd get charged for that if you ask a rep to do it. However, to ask for information you would never get charged. You can also ask here or private message via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You are charged roaming fees whenever you leave your the country and use your phone. This happens every where in the world unless the plan states that it includes roaming in certain countries.

Your plan/agreement only talks about what's included in the plan, not what isn't included