Koodo Community
Solved

Roaming Charges

• 19 July 2019
  • 5 replies

If my bill is currently at $120 (two phones $60 each), and I use the Easy-roam for my trip to Europe for a week, how much money will I be charged? On the website it says that it is $12/day but it caps at $150, so I just need some clarification as to if the $150 cap INCLUDES my current $120 bill so that I will only have to pay $30 dollars for roaming, due to the cap, or is the cap specific to roaming and is not associated with my current phone bill.

In other words,
Does the $150 cap include my current phone bill ($120)? Or is it separate from the phone bill and only applies to the $12/day roaming fees?

Also, is the $150 cap per phone or the account as a whole?

Please respond ASAP, thank you
icon

Best answer by Dennis 19 July 2019, 07:39

The cap is on the $12/day charge per billing cycle.
So basically after 10 days, there will be no roaming charges for that billing cycle. Now if your billing cycle ends in the middle of your trip, then the 10 days starts over again mid trip.

Also if you don't send any texts, have any calls, or use any data, the 24hr period for roaming doesn't start
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The cap is on the $12/day charge per billing cycle.
So basically after 10 days, there will be no roaming charges for that billing cycle. Now if your billing cycle ends in the middle of your trip, then the 10 days starts over again mid trip.

Also if you don't send any texts, have any calls, or use any data, the 24hr period for roaming doesn't start
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And, the $12 per day is per phone, so if you use both, it will be $24 per day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just get a prepaid SIM card where you go it's gonna be way cheaper (https://prepaid-data-sim-card.fandom.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data). You're probably gonna pat 12$ for the whole month.
how come i was charge of roaming fees when i was in jamaica ? koodo wasn't advice me to enroll in easy roam when i took this bring your on device plan if ever i leave the country? i thought this is already applied in my plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
how come i was charge of roaming fees when i was in jamaica ? koodo wasn't advice me to enroll in easy roam when i took this bring your on device plan if ever i leave the country? i thought this is already applied in my plan.
Could you rephrase that?