Koodo Community

Community

Roaming charges

I purchased the $40 roaming add-on for Cuba where I have 50 outgoing text, 50MB data & 50 mins phone. When I check my "usage"; it doubled up my actual texts messages. When I compare my usage sheet to my actual phone messages going out I have double the number hence an extra roaming charge added to my bill... What is going on there?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When viewing the usage via self serve it will show you the total for incoming and outgoing. Is this what you mean by "doubled up" or when you view the usage you see that your outgoing texts are doubled?
Allan wrote:

When viewing the usage via self serve it will show you the total for incoming and outgoing. Is th...

I count only the outgoing as the incoming are free!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you send a long text, it might divide in 2 texts. Maybe that's why you see 2x outgoing texts...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

If you send a long text, it might divide in 2 texts. Maybe that's why you see 2x outgoing texts...

Long being more than 140 characters.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Actually it depends on what kind of characters you are using. (Emoji's count towards a good chunk, almost 100 characters in my case).
Alphanumeric characters only will let you reach 160 so in most cases you will be able to send 160 characters before creating a new text. Your phone will say right above the send button usually how many characters you have left before a new text message.
Robert wrote:

I have watched that character count & yes in two occasions I had to send two messages but otherwise the "usage" count on my bill seems to have doubled up the actual amount of texts sent out...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

You can click View Details on the messages and compare them with you're messages sent to double check this error. If it still appears to be doubled you contact Koodo to review your case and possibly get some credit applied to cover the extra charges. I would suggest contacting them through facebook (https://m.me/Koodo) but you can also call or message through twitter dm.
Robert wrote:

Thanks Allan, I will contact them!