Koodo Community

roaming charge mistake

• 28 November 2020
  • 10 replies

I was charged for roaming and I did not leave the country. I scheduled a callback but nobody called me. It’s been over an hour. When I call there is a message and I get hung up on? Do I have to dispute this with visa?

10 replies

Same problem here: Why do I get charged for a call to Toronto, ON in Canada?
I have long distance included in my plan (Canada wide unlimitted calling)  and I was charged for 2 calls  to 416-323-6699 in Ontario. Why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jason123456  make sure you switch off roaming on your phone. To get your charges reversed, your best bet is to contact them through Facebook or Twitter PM. It might be a while to get back at you, but they will :)

@JoeMac your issue is entirely different… you weren’t charged for roaming but for calling a number. What were you charged for those calls?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Same problem here: Why do I get charged for a call to Toronto, ON in Canada?
I have long distance included in my plan (Canada wide unlimitted calling)  and I was charged for 2 calls  to 416-323-6699 in Ontario. Why?

Your issue is different as Sophia mentioned.

Have you changed your plan from limited minutes plan to unlimited one?  If so, it could be prorated minutes charge.

If not, can you start your own post?  We don't want takeover Jason's post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jason123456  I see we were able to help you already.

@JoeMac  Someone will call you tomorrow evening to authenticate your account and look into your billing question. A text will be sent prior to the call to give you a heads up.  

I’m on the Southern Tip of Vancouver Island and was charged for Roaming today when my phone pinged off of a US cell tower. Is there any way to get those charges reversed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

See my answer above, @tkenmare 

I was charged for roaming and I did not leave the country., maybe is because I live close to the border. I didn’t received or made any call to US and like you know, the border are closed so, how I can dispute this with Koodo? I do not see where I can claim this or at what phone I can call, very frustrating!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was charged for roaming and I did not leave the country., maybe is because I live close to the border. I didn’t received or made any call to US and like you know, the border are closed so, how I can dispute this with Koodo? I do not see where I can claim this or at what phone I can call, very frustrating!

It is the problem with the stronger US cellular than Koodo. The phone automatically switched to better signal. You could contact them and ask a rep to revert the charge if you were on Canada side. You could schedule a callback from their digital bot www.koodo.com/chat or chat with a rep via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or Twitter.

To avoid the issue in the future, you should disable automatic cellular selection in the phone settings and manually select Koodo. However, every times the phone restart or reset, you might have to do this again or the phone switch to Automatic selection.

Same issue here… I live in Windsor very near the Detroit border. I should not be charged a roaming fee.

DGarant

Hello,

Looks like ***-***-1520 is roaming on a USA network. Just so you know! If Easy Roam is active for them, they'll be charged $9/day for the days that they use their monthly plan's minutes, data or texts. The rates without Easy Roam are $1.60/min, $10/50 MB and $10 for every 100 outgoing texts (max. 160 characters each). All incoming texts are free. Long distance add-ons are not Easy Roam eligible.

A person on the account with authority can manage their settings and set permissions at koodo.com/selfserve

For more info on Easy Roam, visit koodo.com/easyroam

All the best,

The Koodo Team

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Same issue here… I live in Windsor very near the Detroit border. I should not be charged a roaming fee.

DGarant

Hello,

Looks like ***-***-1520 is roaming on a USA network. Just so you know! If Easy Roam is active for them, they'll be charged $9/day for the days that they use their monthly plan's minutes, data or texts. The rates without Easy Roam are $1.60/min, $10/50 MB and $10 for every 100 outgoing texts (max. 160 characters each). All incoming texts are free. Long distance add-ons are not Easy Roam eligible.

A person on the account with authority can manage their settings and set permissions at koodo.com/selfserve

For more info on Easy Roam, visit koodo.com/easyroam

All the best,

The Koodo Team

Please follow the suggestion Dinh mentioned in his reply above.