Koodo Community

roaming

• 23 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I am in Thailand and on 3 seperate occations i was charged roaming for calls i did not make. It says the number was 99999. Thats 12$ each time for times i did not use roaming. Why was this n how do i stop it? Today i got another email saying roaming is active for my  number.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's just the generic charge for easy roam and doesn't necessarily mean it was a phone call. Could be an outgoing text, a call, or data being used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am in Thailand and on 3 seperate occations i was charged roaming for calls i did not make. It says the number was 99999. Thats 12$ each time for times i did not use roaming. Why was this n how do i stop it? Today i got another email saying roaming is active for my  number.

You will need to remove Easy Roam from your Self Serve account if you want to stop it from reoccurring. I would also suggest you to remove the SIM card from your phone to prevent further charges from being made. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You will need to remove Easy Roam from your Self Serve account if you want to stop it from reoccurring. I would also suggest you to remove the SIM card from your phone to prevent further charges from being made. 

Just a warning that if it is data leakage that is causing the roaming charge and you turn off easy roam, you will be charged pay per use roaming which would be way more expensive.  You are better off finding what is triggering the roaming activation (most likely data leakage) and fix that instead.