Koodo Community
Question

Review about Koodo's Customer service

• 14 November 2014
  • 27 replies

Hi there I am sharing my experience with koodo community just to let them make a prudent choice. I am open to all kind of scrutiny and inquiries from koodo people and others too, until its fair and comprehensive. I always trusted their self serve but it ended in the worst experience every time (Three time in just one year) and drawback is that you are the only one, who will be paying the extra cost because of their glitches. Koodo was the best service provider in customer satisfaction in last year, But their team now is just a money making and not at all customer centered, above all very disrespectful & rude(Their behaviour prompt you to be rude with them as well). I am with koodo since more than two years. I never had trouble with anything in my first year with koodo. Their team was quite friendly, honest and very welcoming. My recent experience is like when I already seen the minutes used was much-much less (by their self serve) as compared to the amount they charged me. the same thing when I asked to their representative, even their supervisor too , indicated that these are the minutes you have used towards your Five essential account, (though which I already paid separately but still they are charging me 50 cents/ min extra. (I completely understand it's unbelievable but I am in the position to challenge them at this statement on 6th November with Joshua, koodo people are most welcome to put that complete recording here, and prove me wrong). My question was that simple that where did I used 287 minutes when before changing to unlimited plan the minutes used were only 73. They couldn't even respond me properly but just was talking about all mug-up sentences. The whole story ended up with paying 170 $$ bill form customer side, even when I still do not know why I paid ? Last but not least, I have written this here only to let the people or prospective cell phone users make a wise choice in selecting their service provider. If koodo team doesn't change their attitude in dealing with customers , my forecast is that they are in competition with other service providers for just two years now.Then after they will learn the same lesson

27 replies

Userlevel 6
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It is never enough. While I don't blame you to seek opportunities if you feel you're being treated unfairly, I would also like to remind you that you're not very likely to find comfort anywhere else. I hope it's all resolved for you in the end, though.
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...Yeah David, As being a businessman I know that matra but another way the profit only be boosted by more sales (which is directly proportional to better service )...for example if koodo is providing better service than others, I would be staying with koodo and annual bill will be around 700-800 $$ and would be eternally steady profit they gonna earn but if they wants to get only 180 $ in one stack than they might loose the source of income permanently. Also its all about betterment. I know that no body is perfect and that's why I didn't post/complain anywhere when it happened for first time...but its disgusting when you repetitively face the same thing even after proper and vigilant monitoring and they only blame you instead of correcting the root cause. Last but not least I earn 50-60 $/ hour so the bill isn't a big deal for me. but I just want to let the people know about their service for two fair reason: 1. To escape them from the fraud/being cheated. 2. To give the opportunity to koodo people to correct the root cause .... Not at all for giving me the free credit and wasting my 1 hours every other month. Anyways thanks a lot for your kind words. Please spread a word about them. Let we save others.
Userlevel 6
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...#1 sounds serious. Assuming Koodo's service includes cheating and being fraudulent with their customers, they would've been shut down. Khaleila offered to look into it,you might want to pursue it and get your issue resolved.
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...Yeah David I have mention it in my first post that last year for more than 15 months it was excellent. even in the whole period I didn't talk to anybody from koodo representatives. Each bill was perfect. Even I was so happy with their services and that's why I rewarded them by opting in for koodo for my friends who were newly arrived. Now I am doing just the opposite. On the contrary things are different now they have started underestimating customers / their complains and their feedbacks. I am not sure about all the koodo teams but with which I have been dealing...have definite potential to let it shut down or sold. It takes time to shut down the large firm but again if they do not changed their attitude, your words would definately be true very soon (No more than two years). This world is just go on the phrase " survival of fittest".
Userlevel 6
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...We all have opinions, thanks for sharing yours. Good luck dude, maybe the next one will give you the credits your looking for!! Peace out!
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...Thanks for your comment & suggestion dude. I will do that for sure.
Userlevel 6
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...My hunch is that there is no credit due. Rather the bill may not be as clear to you as you might have expected in terms of those minutes. But I highly doubt the charges were incorrect. Happy to be proven wrong though and get koodo in trouble.:-)
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...I don't want to trouble anyone dude...haha
Userlevel 5
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...I have to admit I too would be curious to see what is really going on. Not saying Lokesh is wrong, but im guessing there is some disconnect happening here. Especially when you mention that their behaviour made you be rude to them. And as for shutting Koodo down? Well the CCTS that someone linked to down below just posted its findings, and Koodo has the least complains of any national carrier. (Even Wind had 3 times more complaints) Koodo also won JD Power for the 3rd time in a row for highest customer satisfaction. So I think Koodo is pretty safe, I know in all of my experiences they have been amazing.
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...Koodo is keeping the overcharge money,they never give it back to you,
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...Koodo is keeping the overcharge money,they never give it back to you,
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...Hi Angel! What happened to your account? Do you have credit on your bill and haven't gotten a refund for it? Let us know 🙂
I hear you Lokesh. Remember: carriers (ALL of them) operate on a "profits first" mantra. It ...I didn't any credit or refund,they said they have no way to refund or credit on my bill
Userlevel 3
Hey Lokesh, Thanks for reaching out. We'd like to take a look into this, however since we don't have access to your account here would you mind sending us an email to: http://koo.do/YqucV0 and select "Social Media". Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 6
I don't follow exactly what you are saying....but if you have recently changed plans (to unlimited you say) than I believe what happened is proration. Standard practice amongst all cell providers. No fraud, no cheating. Your bill show exactly, line by line, what number you called when and where. Did you look at that? In terms of how the telus/koodo business is doing and whether people like it the answer is clear. Just look at their quarterly earnings report. It's all there, they have the least number of customers leaving them, the most customers joined them and even the CRTC say these guys have the least number of complaints by a long shot. And of course they are in the business of making money. Just like you. 🙂
They charged me for 289 airtime minutes, when I already changed my plan at 73 mins. I do not have any problem with probation charges. Might be they are much better than others as I have no idea about others. So we can assume that best is yet to come.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you changed your plan, did you have 73 minutes [i]used or 73 minutes of [i]overage? If it was the latter then changing your plan mid cycle would prorate the minutes allowed under the original plan resulting in an increased overage for that portion of the month.
it was 73 min used and according to their estimation I should have 99 min free.
This is what you do, after making sure that you're correct: - Hey, I was charged $xx extra for xx when it is supposed to be $xx + Blah blah blah - But blah blah If they answer with this one, you're done: + Ok, sir you're right If it is this one, continue: + No, sir blah blah la la la la - Ok thanks End the call Go to: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form, send your complaint and wait for the call from a high level Koodo rep who will be willing to give you a little more than what you want just to resolve the issue.
Userlevel 6
This is what you do, after making sure that you're correct: - Hey, I was charged $xx extra for x...If it is a mistake, which I doubt, seeing Lokesh has already been provided with a possible answer, them he is entitled to a credit. But just a mere threat as you suggest should not entitle anyone for anything. That's just bullying nothing else. No company should give into that.
Thanks Noob for giving me resources and guidance ...for how to potentiate my voice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks Noob for giving me resources and guidance ...for how to potentiate my voice.If this is how you respond to someone that's trying to help you out, then perhaps you really do need their guidance.
Thanks Noob for giving me resources and guidance ...for how to potentiate my voice.Ivan..Could you please explain me in which way you are talking about ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks Noob for giving me resources and guidance ...for how to potentiate my voice.Your comment above essentially reads as: "thank you, you utter moron, for telling me something I already know." If you are not able to see that, then perhaps this is the reason you have had very little luck speaking to customer service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks Noob for giving me resources and guidance ...for how to potentiate my voice.Timo explained it quite well.