Koodo Community
Question

Remove port protection

• 26 August 2020
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a rep here who can assist? I need to port my number out and waiting since yesterday. 

I am trying to schedule a call back no slots available until tomorrow Evening...which is I will be waiting another 2 days just to remove this from my account 

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried sending a DM to Koodo on Twitter or Facebook? They'll need to verify that you're the account owner. 

Userlevel 1

Yes, I have already sent them a message on Facebook. Waiting for their reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you say port your number out, do you mean that you're leaving Koodo?

Userlevel 1

When you say port your number out, do you mean that you're leaving Koodo?

That’s right

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you shouldn't need to contact Koodo at all for that. Did your new carrier say there is an issue?

Userlevel 1

Issue resolved. Called directly to the Porting Department as they call it. They were able to remove the port protection

Userlevel 1

So you shouldn't need to contact Koodo at all for that. Did your new carrier say there is an issue?

Koodo puts Port protection on your account which prevents other carriers to automatically port your number out from Koodo to their database. Account owner must contact the Koodo Customer Service to have this removed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo puts Port protection on your account which prevents other carriers to automatically port your number out from Koodo to their database. Account owner must contact the Koodo Customer Service to have this removed 

It's supposed to be an sms automatically sent that you reply to. I'm surprised hat you had to call in. Did you request it yourself a while back?

Userlevel 1

The SMS actually said to give them a call so they could remove the protection

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well I'm glad you got through to someone at any rate. Sorry to hear Koodo didn't work for you.

Userlevel 1

Well I'm glad you got through to someone at any rate. Sorry to hear Koodo didn't work for you.

Thanks Goran. I would have stayed as I still had a decent plan with Koodo but I got a good offer with Rogers through work..so the corporate plan worked out better. thanks! 

Tanveer, I am having the exact same issue. How did you phone the “Porting Department”? 

Userlevel 1

Tanveer, I am having the exact same issue. How did you phone the “Porting Department”? 

Hey Ian, put your Koodo sim card back in the phone. You will get a text from Koodo porting department along with a contact number to call at. Unfortunately, i deleted the text and no longer remember what the phone number was that i called at. 

This is the disadvantages of not having a real call center. 

Also, try messaging koodo on Facebook

Userlevel 7

@Ian W  Please call koodo porting department 1-844-232-7678