Koodo Community

Community

Reminders

Koodo should create a service where if a person have gone over a certian amount of minutes/data the service for those features should stop working that way they know they have to call and find out whats going on.

11 replies

It's the customer's responsbility to keep up to date with their usage. With Self Serve & the Self Serve app, there is no reason for the customer to not be informed. I would be more angry if my service was stopped suddenly just because I went over on my airtime. It's on the customer as to how they use the service that Koodo provides.
Userlevel 5
hey kelly koodo already does this for data you get a text saying you have used 75 and 95 % of your data this month theres certain phones where you can set the limit and data will stop working there might be some apps out there for this kind of thing theres watchdog3G tracks the data for airtime that is what self serve/self serve app and the IVR are for to check the airtime usage
Userlevel 6
I think the Koodo App should support Notifications.
Userlevel 7
This idea probably won't be implemented as most customers would not want to be cut off from their service once they reach their allotted minutes/data,etc. I know I would be beyond furious if that happened to me. People live on their cellphones and would not want to be cut off like that. Managing your usage is very simple. You can do is easily on self-serve or even on your phone if you have either a BlackBerry, Android or iPhone. The only reason that people would want something like that over checking self-serve easily from their phone is because they just don't 'feel like it' and it's their own fault, really.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

This idea probably won't be implemented as most customers would not want to be cut off from their...

Holy moly, 3 replies while I was writing that, ahaha 😛
There are also apps for this. As well, a lot of phones have this built in now under your data settings. It will warn you and then turn off your data at two specified amounts. You can then choose to take off the limit if you want to just pay the overages.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think cutting you off and having to call Koodo is a good idea at all and very dangerous. Many ppl love that they have a cell phone incase of an emergency and can you imagine if you got in an accident and went to call help & oh wait you have to call koodo before to get them to let you keep using your phone . We all know how long it can take to get through to Koodo sometimes. In that time someone could die. Yes this is an extreme case but I'm sure Koodo would come off looking terrible in the media coverage that would innsue.
Userlevel 5
As you can read above, Koodo warns you once you reach 75% and 95% on certain services you have, but if you choose to ignore them, that is the customer's fault.
I know they send the warning for data, but do they warn for texts and voice minutes as well?o have no idea, I've always been on an unlimited plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron MacIntyre wrote:

I know they send the warning for data, but do they warn for texts and voice minutes as well?o hav...

I don't believe they do, I've never got any warnings for minutes and have went over multiple times in the past.
This is a good idea. I think they should send notifications once one has reached his maximum allowance but should not cut off the services.