Koodo Community
Solved

Regarding monthly bill cost reduction

• 30 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Hey, My current bill is around $55 for 4GB of data.But i am hardly using 1GB of data from that.Is there any way i can reduce my bill.I saw on the website it is showing mimimum plan of $45.Which is still expensive for me.So i want to ask that is it a good idea to change to different company.Virgin mobile if offering Samsung galaxy S10 for $60.OR should i contact the koodo represantative about that (Do they reduce the monthly bill price)?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 30 August 2020, 23:27

If you want a phone on the tab, you would need a postpaid plan. Check Koodo's upgrade offers, if you see one you like, grab it. Or call them and tell them what you want, nowadays they seem to give in quite a lot. If you don't get what you want, go with any provider that does... In that case you have no reason to stay.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want a phone on the tab, you would need a postpaid plan. Check Koodo's upgrade offers, if you see one you like, grab it. Or call them and tell them what you want, nowadays they seem to give in quite a lot. If you don't get what you want, go with any provider that does... In that case you have no reason to stay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Public Mobile sounds like the plan for you. Unlimited minutes and 1gb of data for $25.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Public Mobile sounds like the plan for you. Unlimited minutes and 1gb of data for $25.

Great but do they offer Samsung galaxy S10 with that.Because I want a new cell phone.OR can i ask koodo to do that like in $60 (S10 tab for 24 months and sim plan).?

If you want to upgrade your phone, then you can pick $45 2GB promo plan. S10 is $120 upfront with Tab M : $15/mo for 24months. So, your monthly bill will be $60/mo. 
It’s a heavy phone credit/Tab bonus. So basically you will be stuck with Koodo for next 2years . ( I mean it’s a same with every provider if you break 2year commitment)

Ya, but i am fine with paying $60 if they are giving S10. But i am not in a position to pay $120 up-front.Is there any way to get that phone without paying upfront and still sticking to the bill of $60.

Virgin is same way.
$120 upfront and Tab is $15/mo + $45/mo plan.   ($60/mo)
Or $0 down and $20/mo Tab plus $45/mo plan. ($65/mo)  It’s $1399 retail price from virgin.

Freedom is offering same phone with $0 upfront $70/mo.

You can shop around to get better deal. But I don’t know which company giver you what you want.  
And remember, if you think it’s great deal, but you will be paying more IF you break 2years contact/agreement. Ask them what’s the rate for breaking contracts just in case

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I joined Koodo pepaid for exactly the same reason. I did not like paying for a Rogers plan which I used little off.  I went for a Koodo prepaid promotion which provides me with unlimited Canada-wide calls and text and 1GB of data (with auto top up which makes it ‘Monthly-like’). Since then, I gained 2GB data bonuses by referring friends to Koodo. Look at these promos and see which one fits best. Good luck!

Patel spactifically mentioned wanting to purchase a phone and pay it off on a monthly basis, which effectively rules out anything prepaid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great but do they offer Samsung galaxy S10 with that.Because I want a new cell phone.OR can i ask koodo to do that like in $60 (S10 tab for 24 months and sim plan).?

If you want to upgrade your phone, then you can pick $45 2GB promo plan. S10 is $120 upfront with Tab M : $15/mo for 24months. So, your monthly bill will be $60/mo. 
It’s a heavy phone credit/Tab bonus. So basically you will be stuck with Koodo for next 2years . ( I mean it’s a same with every provider if you break 2year commitment)

Userlevel 7

I joined Koodo pepaid for exactly the same reason. I did not like paying for a Rogers plan which I used little off.  I went for a Koodo prepaid promotion which provides me with unlimited Canada-wide calls and text and 1GB of data (with auto top up which makes it ‘Monthly-like’). Since then, I gained 2GB data bonuses by referring friends to Koodo. Look at these promos and see which one fits best. Good luck!

Ya, but i am fine with paying $60 if they are giving S10. But i am not in a position to pay $120 up-front.Is there any way to get that phone without paying upfront and still sticking to the bill of $60.