Koodo Community
Question

refund

• 8 October 2021
  • 4 replies

So I have closed my account, and it said that my new bill is a credit of $8.35. However, there is no option for me to put my card details in to obtain this refund. I dont want the credit as my account is closed and I've moved to england. I also can't schedule a call back as I have a UK phone number now. What should I do? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you've cancelled your account and a refund is owed, a cheque will be mailed to the address on file following your final invoice and will arrive within 6 weeks.

If you had pre-authorized credit card payments set up on your account or pre-authorized debit through your checking account, you'll receive your refund back to your credit card (excluding Visa Debit) or checking account respectively in 5-7 business day after your final bill is out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens if the card doesn't exist anymore though? I doubt he kept is Canadian credit card

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens if the card doesn't exist anymore though? I doubt he kept is Canadian credit card

The OP will then have to reach out to customer service to add an alternate address to ship the cheque too if none of the above applies/works😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So I have closed my account, and it said that my new bill is a credit of $8.35. However, there is no option for me to put my card details in to obtain this refund. I dont want the credit as my account is closed and I've moved to england. I also can't schedule a call back as I have a UK phone number now. What should I do? 

Do you have any relatives or trusted friends where you can send the cheque to? I would suggest you to have it sent there. Upon receiving the amount, they can either send you the cheque in the mail or send you a screenshot, so you can directly deposit it into your Canadian bank account.

That said, if you need to contact Koodo, you can download an app that can make and receive calls, such as Fongo, and schedule a callback to that number instead.