- In December 2018, I reported my credit card lost/stolen and was issued a new card. As a result, my automated January, 2019 payment was not received by Koodo.
- As a result the oversight, Koodo reported my payment to the credit bureau as being delinquent and my credit score went down by over 100 points. My credit score and reputation with lenders has been damaged for this oversight, which I feel is unwarranted, especially considering that I received no indication from Koodo that my January payment was not received.
- I rectified the situation as soon as I became aware, making the full payment owing on February 18th, 2019. More than that, I revised the automated credit card info to reflect my newly issued card, as the credit card on file was reported as lost/stolen.
- I phoned Koodo twice today on March 26th, 2019- first at 11:01 Am and then at 12:05 PM. I spoke to two different customer support people with Koodo, both of whom did not seem to understand my request to have the late payment removed from my credit score. Both Koodo support members were were clearly inadequately trained on how to understand and resolve customer service issues. After being put on hold for 15 minuets on each call, the Koodo person returned to the phone and told me that there is nothing that they are able to do.
- As a last recourse, I reached out to the credit bureau and requested that they indepenedtly investigate this matter and rectify for me, if possible. Is there any other recourse that I have available to me in terms of repairing the damage Koodo has caused to my credit score?