Koodo Community
Question

Rectifying Delinquent Payment Reported by Koodo

• 27 March 2019
  • 6 replies

• In December 2018, I reported my credit card lost/stolen and was issued a new card. As a result, my automated January, 2019 payment was not received by Koodo.
  • As a result the oversight, Koodo reported my payment to the credit bureau as being delinquent and my credit score went down by over 100 points. My credit score and reputation with lenders has been damaged for this oversight, which I feel is unwarranted, especially considering that I received no indication from Koodo that my January payment was not received.
  • I rectified the situation as soon as I became aware, making the full payment owing on February 18th, 2019. More than that, I revised the automated credit card info to reflect my newly issued card, as the credit card on file was reported as lost/stolen.
  • I phoned Koodo twice today on March 26th, 2019- first at 11:01 Am and then at 12:05 PM. I spoke to two different customer support people with Koodo, both of whom did not seem to understand my request to have the late payment removed from my credit score. Both Koodo support members were were clearly inadequately trained on how to understand and resolve customer service issues. After being put on hold for 15 minuets on each call, the Koodo person returned to the phone and told me that there is nothing that they are able to do.
  • As a last recourse, I reached out to the credit bureau and requested that they indepenedtly investigate this matter and rectify for me, if possible. Is there any other recourse that I have available to me in terms of repairing the damage Koodo has caused to my credit score?
P.S.- Consider suspending service as a first course of action before damaging clients' credit scores as this would proactively alert the client about the issue ahead of time, and allow them to make the payment before their reputation with lenders is tarnished. NOT very happy with Koodo at this point and would strongly caution others with regard to Koodo's customer service (or lack thereof) in particular. My experience with Koodo has been very distressing.

Max

6 replies

Userlevel 2
  1. Payment is past due because customer forgot to update payment information.
  2. Koodo creates a new bill, sends an email/text, and asks: Did you forget your last payment?
  3. Customer doesn't check the email/text or the bill.
  4. Payment becomes past due for 30 days.
  5. Koodo tells credit bureau that payment is past due for 30 days.
  • Credit reporting works as intended.
  • Nothing to rectify.
  1. Payment is past due because customer forgot to update payment information.
  2. Koodo creates a new bill, sends an email/text, and asks: Did you forget your last payment?
  3. Customer doesn't check the email/text or the bill.
  4. Payment becomes past due for 30 days.
  5. Koodo tells credit bureau that payment is past due for 30 days.
  • Credit reporting works as intended.
  • Nothing to rectify.

Thank you for your best effort to delegitimize a very legitimate complaint and inquiry.

For the record- I received a text from Koodo about the late payment on February 18th, 2019 and made the payment on the same day- Feb 18, 2019.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You may wish to read this or similar articles which give some indication of the rapidity the change to your credit score is adjusted.

Koodo can't change the information the payment was late; all they can do is report it has been paid. Will likely happen with your next billing period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sometimes I think I agree with @0123456789 more than I disagree
I ran into this issue as well it seems that Koodo has take a path of using credit reports to strong arm customers into keep their bills up to date which is their right. In my case they filed the report in 2012 and refuse to remove it even though we have been paying our bill since with no issue yet they still list my current balance every month as overdue on my credit report.

But it is my RIGHT as well as yours to do the following:
A/ File a grievance with the CRTC this practice is frowned upon and is under review by the CRTC and the reporting agencies

B/ Make it well known on social media that Koodo follows this practice and by doing business with Koodo you risk damage to your credit rating.

C/ Let it be known that unlike koodo all other carriers DO NOT follow this poor customer service policy and by using Rogers or other carriers you won't have this issue.

D/ Cancel your account and switch to another carrier as we are doing right now ROGERS HERE WE COME!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a 4 months old thread, Tom... if you want to air some grievances, please start a new topic 🙂