Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Reconnection fee

I would like to dispute my $30 reconnection fee. When I signed up for Koodo, I was reassured by a sales associate that my international credit card would work and she also activated it by collecting all the necessary data. So when I tried to pay with my credit card on time, it didn't take it. I had to call the customer service and have them activate it for me again (though I really don't understand why I had to do that twice). It took more than 10 business days to process it. In the meantime, my phone got disconnected. I made a payment today with a Canadian credit card and now it says I will be charged additional $30. This is really not my fault that I had to pay past due.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Give Koodo Customer service a call (*611 on your koodo cell). You can explain your situation to them and they might be able to help you out. But note that it is solely at their discretion. However Koodo has always been reasonable about this kinda stuff
Userlevel 4
Actually, there are many different ways to pay a bill. Only wanting to pay the bill with one method is a choice. Do you have a Canadian bank account? Pay through that as a back up. As a one time only credit, I can see the charge being waived based on the scenerio you stated. Aside from that, make sure there is a plan B for paying the bill to avoid any disconnections or late fees.
No, there was no other way for me to pay at that time, and I only signed up for Koodo because they assured me I would be able to pay with my own credit card. Yes, I already talked to the customer service and they were kind enough to understand my situation and waive the fee as a one-time exception. Thank you for your replies.
Userlevel 4
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

No, there was no other way for me to pay at that time, and I only signed up for Koodo because the...

So you do not have a Canadian bank account?
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

No, there was no other way for me to pay at that time, and I only signed up for Koodo because the...

I do now, and as soon as I got my card (which was today), I made my payment.
Userlevel 4
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

Gotcha. Makes sense why you couldn't use it before then. Glad it all worked out for you 🙂
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is why Koodo is awesome ^^
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

This is why Koodo is awesome ^^

And highest in customer satisfaction among standalone wireless service providers and #1 most recommended phone company.