Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Rates for calling To and FROM Cuba. May 2014

There is a lot of talk about calling FROM Cuba to Canada but what about calling TO Cuba from Canada. I have a Koodo phone and so does my girlfriend. We both have the LD Saver on our phones and the other addon that you need for long distance savings. Scenario 1: I am in Cuba, she is on Canada. She calls my Koodo phone from her Koodo phone. What is the rate per minute? Scenario 2: I am in Cuba, she is in Canada. I call her Koodo phone from my Koodo phone, what is the rate per minute? I am asking this because I am finding on the Koodo website two different rates per minute, one is $2.50 and the other is $1.00 per minute. Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
EDIT 1) Local minutes apply since she is calling your local Koodo number and not a Cuban number. Roaming rate for you $2.50/min 2) Local minutes apply for her. Roaming rate for you $2.50/min Source: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/long-distance http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/Travelling
Thanks Dennis for the fast response. So going the next step. She calls me for 5 minutes. How much will she be billed, how much will I be billed for that call? Thanks
Userlevel 7
juan valdez wrote:

Thanks Dennis for the fast response. So going the next step. She calls me for 5 minutes. H...

She'll be billed $5 if she calls you for 5 minutes from canada since the her LD rate is $1/min as Dennis mentioned. Your roaming rate is 2.50/min so you will be billed 12.50 if you receive her call and talk for 5 minutes.
WOW!! So for a 5 minute call she gets billed $5 and I get billed $12.50 for a total of $17.50 for a 5 minute call? That can't be right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
juan valdez wrote:

WOW!! So for a 5 minute call she gets billed $5 and I get billed $12.50 for a total of $17.50 fo...

My bad Juan. I forgot she was calling your local Koodo cell and not a Cuban number. It is all local air time for her. And just the roaming charge for you. Roaming is expensive.
Userlevel 7
juan valdez wrote:

WOW!! So for a 5 minute call she gets billed $5 and I get billed $12.50 for a total of $17.50 fo...

oops in that case my bad too, I should have checked. 😞 Sorry juan
No problem. We got it figured out, that's the main thing. Appreciate your assistance. Buenas Noches
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
juan valdez wrote:

No problem. We got it figured out, that's the main thing. Appreciate your assistance. Bue...

C'est Bon! Arrivederci muchacho