Solved

rate plan change charge

• 23 September 2020
  • 11 replies

Why am I being charged 10$ a month for rate plan change

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 23 September 2020, 18:29

Do you also see credit for it too?

Sometimes the bill show you both " plan change"  charge and credit.

Oh and  "at activation time of my new phone.".  Is it new activation or phone upgrade?  If it's phone upgrade and you akso asked a rep to change plan, then it possible they add this charge.

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No thst should be a one time charge if you got a Rep to do it for you. Are you saying you saw it on two separate bills and only changed your plan once? How exactly did you get your plan changed?

Ok thanks Goran. I will make sure to check my next bill. So far just on the one and yes, a rep changed it for me at activation time of my new phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah. That's kind of odd it was done as part of your activation. In that case it is a one time charge and you won't be charged for it again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you also see credit for it too?

Sometimes the bill show you both " plan change"  charge and credit.

Oh and  "at activation time of my new phone.".  Is it new activation or phone upgrade?  If it's phone upgrade and you akso asked a rep to change plan, then it possible they add this charge.

Well it was a phone upgrade. I wanted to keep my plan as is and they said that wasn’t possible so it was changed. Odd that they charged me for that since they insisted I couldn’t keep the current plan I had before activating my new phone. I didn’t really have a choice in the matter so shouldn’t be charged for that. Wish it was easier to call Koodo directly for issues like this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well it was a phone upgrade. I wanted to keep my plan as is and they said that wasn’t possible so it was changed. Odd that they charged me for that since they insisted I couldn’t keep the current plan I had before activating my new phone. I didn’t really have a choice in the matter so shouldn’t be charged for that. Wish it was easier to call Koodo directly for issues like this. 

I’m curious…

What plan you had and how much?  Which Tab size did you choose to upgrade your phone?  I’m asking this because you could keep your plan if the Tab size and  minimum price for plan requirement met.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Cat Gignac Belisle If the rate plan change was done during an upgrade the charge should not have been applied. It is only done for straight rate plan changes assisted by a rep while it’s completely free only if it’s done by you. 

I see that we have already corrected the charge for you. Pls accept our apologies. We will follow up with the rep to provide some coach-back based on your experience. 

I did rate change online through self serve. Why was I charged $10?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you login to self serve, can you download your detailed pdf ebill?  What does the details say on the line with the $10 charge?

When you login to self serve, can you download your detailed pdf ebill?  What does the details say on the line with the $10 charge?

Just “rate plan change”

Userlevel 4

Hi @Michael L,

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Feel free to send us a message (Facebook or Twitter) and a rep will respond as soon as possible, so your inquiry can be addressed.

Thanks you!

Regards, 

Flo