Koodo Community

Community

Solved

rate increase??

Why am I being charged $75.00 for data when we did not purchase that. This is an incredible rate increase!!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
There is no rat increase. You used data it seems. That has a cost.
Well koodo is based on a pay per use data, even if you have a set amount of data to use included in your plan you will be paying extra if you exceed your limit. Smart phones can be dangerous if you dont monitor its usage.
As PZABOY said it can be very easy to go over your data without even realizing it. To check how much you've used you can log into selfserve, or if you're on android download an app called watchdog 3g that will let you put a limit on how much data you have and will disable it after you've hit that so you won't go over.
Userlevel 4
thenixter wrote:

As PZABOY said it can be very easy to go over your data without even realizing it. To check how m...

3g Watchdog ahas saved my bank account! I have mine set at 30 second intervals to check usage lol.
thenixter wrote:

As PZABOY said it can be very easy to go over your data without even realizing it. To check how m...

Haha I didn't even know about it until I switched from Fido to Koodo a while back and an employee at a kiosk recommended I downloaded it. Such a cash saver.