Koodo Community
Question

Random international texts?

• 21 October 2012
  • 7 replies

I am going to get charged if i receive random incoming texts from China? I didn't reply back to them (couldn't even read them).

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1
No. As long as you are in Canada, your incoming texts from ANYWHERE are free. It's outgoing that is counted... But then again, Koodo's text plans are international (i.e. no additional charge for int'l texts, it just counts towards your regular text usage)
Okay thanks, I have unlimited texting. I only just joined koodo in july, whoever had my number before me didn't seem to tell people they changed numbers. I get so many random messages and collection agencies calling me for them.
Userlevel 1
Okay thanks, I have unlimited texting. I only just joined koodo in july, whoever had my number be...lol. That happens. Eventually people will get the idea... But yeah, the collections agency part must suck. I feel for you bro. At least you aren't being charged for random messages, right? #silverlining 🙂
I get random sexual texts from different places claiming inappropriate things... The only people who know my number is friends and family, and I have all there numbers even from text + please help 😢
I get random sexual texts from different places claiming inappropriate things... The only people who know my number is friends and family, and I have all there numbers even from text + please help 😢
Userlevel 2
I get random sexual texts from different places claiming inappropriate things... The only people ...Hey Shelby, depending on the phone that you have, you can download an app that allows you to block texts by putting the number into a list 🙂.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I get random sexual texts from different places claiming inappropriate things... The only people ...If you're willing to go through the hassle of telling all your contacts that you changed your number you can also switch to a new one through self serve at no charge.