Koodo Community
Question

Random Airtime Charges

• 10 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi there! I have two random airtime charges on my current bill. In my August-September bill I see $24 charged for airtime ($12 on September 4th, $12 on September 7th). That billing cycle ended on September 7th.

I have been in Europe since August 31st until present (September 10th) and have not called or picked up any calls I received. On Usage, it says I called a 99999 number, but as I mentioned, I have made 0 calls, and I've picked up 0 calls since being out of Canada. I have no idea what this 99999 number even is.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this before? Can someone provide some clarity?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe the 99999 code was used to denote the start of easyroam on that date. It wasn't an actual call. If you didn't make/receive call, then it could be a data usage event. I would suggest you check your bill record and see if it was the case.
Thanks, Dinh. Yes, I initially checked that on my bill too. No data usage events. I have not used my data since being abroad.

The daily Easy Roam fee is valid for 24 hours, and applies when you make or pick up a call and send a text or use data abroad.

I have done none of those things since being abroad.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks, Dinh. Yes, I initially checked that on my bill too. No data usage events. I have not used my data since being abroad.

The daily Easy Roam fee is valid for 24 hours, and applies when you make or pick up a call and send a text or use data abroad.

I have done none of those things since being abroad.

Are you able to check your phone data usage setting to see if any accidental data leakage occurred during that time, if you are on android?
Thanks, Dennis. I'm not on an Android.