Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Questions about paying the phone bills.

I got my first mobile phone plan a while ago, coupled with a smart phone. I planned to pay for the bills online, but I have no idea how to do that. I assume that Koodo will send me a bill online (assuming they have my bank information recorded), and I will be able to use my online bank account to pay them, or I have to pay through the "Self Serve" service. However, I have no received any information about my plan on my bank account online, though this could be because I just recently got my monthly plan and Koodo will only send me a bill once the month has passed. Otherwise, I have to pay my bills through the "Self Serve" service. The problem with that is that whenever I try to access the service, and it asks me for my email address, the service states that my email address is not recorded in the servers. I know I used my credit card and gave my email address when I got the plan, so I know there was some way for either of those two options to be used as billing. With this situation, I ask: How am I supposed to pay my bills, through my bank account or through the Self Serve service? If it's through my bank account online, how will I know whether I received their bill? And if it's through Self Serve, how do I register to be able to log in?

7 replies

Oh, and I also have to add: If it's through my bank account, I use the TD Canada Trust Easy Web service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Visit your online bank account and add Koodo as a payee. You need a Koodo account #. Payment usually takes 3 - 5 business days for banking payment to take place 🙂 And for your self serve account... You need to register it first. You can use this link 🙂 https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/Registration.portal Add : Once you set it up, you can choose E-bill as your bill type which will send you a bill notification when your bill is ready.
Thank you for answering. I had just noticed the register location in the login page that I was too ignorant to view. When I registered and logged in, all I can view is how to change the account's email, password, security questioins, and linking accounts. There doesn't appear to be any information regarding my plan. On my online bank account, I did notice the option to add payees. The option does require a number that it states as the "Payee Account number". However, on my customer service agreement, I have at least 3 numbers to choose from: "Acct", "Mobile", and "SIM". I assumed that the "Acct" number was the correct one. With that done, I don't know if I have a method for receiving bills to pay to. I toyed with the mailing system in my banking software, and had attempted to add Koodo as a mailer, but I have no feedback regarding if I have done that correctly. Otherwise, thanks again for replying. I will continue experimenting with my options.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sandman9119 . wrote:

Thank you for answering. I had just noticed the register location in the login page that I was...

When you finished registering, you will receive an email from Koodo to validate your email address. Click the link in that email, and you should be able to access to your account. If you have difficulty to set up your self serve account , call Koodo from your phone *611 and they will help you to set it up
Userlevel 1
Sandman9119 . wrote:

Thank you for answering. I had just noticed the register location in the login page that I was...

Also: Once you select e-bill, every month Koodo will send a complimentary text to remind you your bill is ready in Self Serve
Userlevel 5
Sandman9119 . wrote:

You are right, "acct" is the correct one - this is an 8 digit number (some banks ask for the account number to be 9 digits long, in which all you have to do is add a "0" at the start of the account number The other numbers are your mobile (aka cell) phone number, and the SIM card number is really long (like 15+ digits long)
Userlevel 5
Also, what happens with your bills, since you are set up for e-billing it sounds like, is that your bill goes to your self serve, AND you get a text message from Koodo with a heads up of how much is owed on your bill. You can set up pre authorized payments through self serve with your bank account or with your credit card - what happens here is that at or near your due date, the exact amount comes out of your bank account or is put on your credit card If you are set up through internet banking you can pay as much as you like throughout the month by going through the internet and paying your bill.