Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Question about U.S. unlimited long distance and call forwarding

If I get the U.S. unlimited calling plan for $10/month and have call forwarding on my plan, can I forward calls from my number to a number in the U.S. without any additional charges?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
You'd also need to purchase a call forwarding package or you'd pay per minute rates plus long distance charges. I'm. not sure about the first part of your question so I'll go ask the higher ups and we shall see.
I already have call forwarding on my phone for $3/month or whatever it is so I'm OK there.
Userlevel 3
Hey John-Paul, It's not possible to forward your calls to a USA number. With the "Call forwarding" feature, it allows you to forward local/long calls within Canada. Hope this was helpful. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Khaleila wrote:

Hey John-Paul, It's not possible to forward your calls to a USA number. With the "Call forwar...

Hey Khaleila, I suggest noting that on the call forwarding Add-on on the Koodo site
Userlevel 7
Khaleila wrote:

Hey John-Paul, It's not possible to forward your calls to a USA number. With the "Call forwar...

Thats not right , i ca n and have forwarded calls to my USA nunber.

From what koodo told us. The forwarded call would be treated as roaming at 1.50$/min
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can get an account with a VOIP provider such as CallCentric. You can set up a call treatment over the web to forward VOIP calls anywhere in North America or internationally at no charge, depending on which plan you choose. Typically, unlimited inbound calls for $6 US per month, pay per call a penny and a half a minute for North America. Your $3 per month Koodo forwarding should work here: but may or may not work with all VOIP providers: caller calls your cell => forward to Cdn VOIP number => forward to US number. CallCentric very reliable as to forwarding/hunting. Vonage was less so at the time I was using them. You will have to guesstimate your call / forwarding volume to see if this is a worthwhile alternative. I give out my VOIP number as my main contact. It will ring at home and/or forward to either Cdn or US cel. Only disadvantage: SMS and text messaging not usually supported over VOIP. ________________________ If you see an answer you like, please give it a star
Userlevel 3
Hey All, Just to confirm after couple verifications/clarifications, Chad seems to be correct so a virtual star goes out to him. So, John-Paul, you'll be able to forward your phone number to a US number, however the standard roaming charges of $1.50/minute will apply. Thank you.
So even though I have US unlimited long distance, call forwarding, and am not using my Koodo phone, any calls forwarded from my Koodo number to the US number are treated as if I was using my Koodo phone in the US?
Userlevel 7
John-Paul wrote:

So even though I have US unlimited long distance, call forwarding, and am not using my Koodo phon...

Yup because in order to do this, part of the call is actually using the US system is how our liason described it to us. The system detects this as roaming once it's answered.
Userlevel 4
John-Paul wrote:

So even though I have US unlimited long distance, call forwarding, and am not using my Koodo phon...

This is nuts. Please, Koodo, smarten up.