Koodo Community
Solved

QUESTION ABOUT U.S. ROAMING

• 7 July 2012
  • 1 reply

I am going to the US for four days next week. I do not plan on using my phone for calls or texting. However I would like to leave my phone on in case of an emergency. I am confused about how roaming works. I know how to turn the data roaming off on my phone, and I plan on doing this. However, each minute I have my phone on, will I be paying for voice roaming? Will I be better off doing the US roaming combo? Do I need the combo of both text and talk. If I buy just the voice, if someone sends me a text message am I going to end up paying a bunch. Will my phone be constantly roaming for a signal to send text mesages? How can I keep my phone on during the trip, and keep the cost to a minimum to me? Thanks for your help!
icon

Best answer by Chad Burr 7 July 2012, 09:56

If you normaly only get one or two texts a day its cheaper just to pay for them at 60 cents incoming and outgoing. You can leave the phone on. Youwont have any extra charges unless you answer a call or send a text.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you normaly only get one or two texts a day its cheaper just to pay for them at 60 cents incoming and outgoing. You can leave the phone on. Youwont have any extra charges unless you answer a call or send a text.