Koodo Community
Question

Question about first bill

I just received my first bill on Aug. 7 even though I have only had the phone and account activated on Aug. 5. It shows billing on the number Koodo assigned to me and billing on the number I ported over from Telus. I ported the number over when I first activated the phone so there should be no days use of the original Koodo number. Can anyone explain?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This might explain your question: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained

If you still have questions after reading/watching that, holler :)

That doesn’t explain the charges on two different numbers. I have a charge on the number Koodo assigned to me when I signed up for service and a new phone and I also have a charge under the number I ported over from Telus. As soon as I received my phone and activated it, I ported my Telus number over so there should be no charges on my original Koodo number. Can anyone explain? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You would receive an invoice where both numbers are separated. Combined, they should add up to the correct total. How many days did you have the number until you ported your number from Telus? What exactly is the bill for both numbers?

I had the Koodo number for about an hour before I had customer support help me port my Telus number over.

Charges for my Koodo number are $50.62 and my ported Telus number are $68.32

Total = $118.94

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is your billing cycle? When did you sign up with Koodo?

And how much is your plan? 

Can you post screenshot for your charge without personal info?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you also downloading your detailed pdf ebill? What does page 4 say? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello,

If you still have questions regarding your first bill, please, send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter so we can take a look on your account.

Best regards,

Helen

Are you also downloading your detailed pdf ebill? What does page 4 say? 

Page 4 gives a break down of the charges for the original Koodo number which I never used.

Billing cycle is from Aug. 6 to Sept. 5

Hello,

If you still have questions regarding your first bill, please, send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter so we can take a look on your account.

Best regards,

Helen

Hi Helen;

PM sent on FB. Thanks

Billing cycle Aug. 6 to Sept 5.

Signed up with Koodo July 30. Received phone on Aug. 5.

Plan is $50

Prefer not to screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Billing cycle Aug. 6 to Sept 5.

Signed up with Koodo July 30. Received phone on Aug. 5.

Plan is $50

Prefer not to screenshot.

Ok. It’s more make sense.  And NP for screenshot.
Because you mentioned you activated your account on Aug 5 and received your first bill on Aug 7th.  It’s  almost impossible . 
So, what happened was that they usually start charging you as soon as you sign up and ready for shipping. In your case, partial charge from July 30- Aug 5th with Koodo temporary number.  That you can dispute since you didn’t receive your phone until 5th. ( You get credit for it or not is all up to them  depends on situations).  plus advance charge for next month from Aug 6th to Sep 5th.

Did you buy a phone with Tab?  Those $50.62 and $68.32 doesn’t add up without tab…

Also  I would like to ask you to check your Ebill again. Download PDF to see each charges. There should be credit for Koodo temporary number. And total due should be different...

I hope Koodo rep response to you through FB very soon. And sort things out