Koodo Community
Question

Question about bringing your own device

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I saw this question in another forum I participate in, and I'd like to answer, but wouldn't know if it's possible 🙂 If you want to bring your own device, do you need to visit a Koodo store or can you do it online? I would imagine it's possible but would like to know for sure! Thanks!

25 replies

Userlevel 7
I'm pretty sure you can do it online... but my personal recommendation is to always try to do that kind of stuff in store that way they take care of everything in person and you can use the phone instantly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm pretty sure you can do it online... but my personal recommendation is to always try to do tha...Thanks 🙂 I wouldn't like to give wrong answers on a 3rd party forum 😃 So I'll answer there once the "pretty sure" changes into "absolutely positive", lol!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need a sim card. You cannot order a sim card and a plan from the webstore without a phone, therefore you just buy the sim card and choose a plan when you call in to activate. Having never setup a new account myself without buying a phone, however, I'm not sure if the credit check would still be run when you order the sim card. If it is run at activation you could conceivably be paying $10 for a sim card you don't qualify to use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need a sim card. You cannot order a sim card and a plan from the webstore without a phone, t...Oh you can get sim cards on eBay, that's not a problem, I'm sure. I purchased several (not Koodo but others) for as little as $5. I have seen Koodo cards offered as well... After all you can replace a damaged one on an existing plan. Speaking for myself now, we live out in the boonies and have learned to do basically everything online. There isn't a Koodo store for over 100km around anyway so I have never even been in one! I am still hoping for a definite answer to the actual question 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need a sim card. You cannot order a sim card and a plan from the webstore without a phone, t...If you have the sim already, just call 1-866-995-6636 and follow the prompts for activations. They'll take your information and run the credit check over the phone. Assuming you qualify they'll get your account and your plan set up.
Userlevel 3
You need a sim card. You cannot order a sim card and a plan from the webstore without a phone, t...JUst to round out Timo and answer your question.... you do not need to visit a koodo store. Once you have an active phone with koodo just call and the 10% will be added to your account. You cannot do thi on their self serve site. Just curious.....where else are you participating? Howardsforum?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need a sim card. You cannot order a sim card and a plan from the webstore without a phone, t...Haha you're the curious type aren't you 😃 Asking names... ranks and now urls 😃 Thanks very much for the answer though, it's the one I was looking for 😉
Userlevel 3
You need a sim card. You cannot order a sim card and a plan from the webstore without a phone, t...Yes, I am curious because I like these things too....yes I push for names (first ones only) because from my experience it helps solve the problems quicker. The koodo reps always post that they pass on the "praises" reps get here, so I assume they also provide feedback when things don't work. Not for punishing the reps but for learning otherwise how do we "the public" expect to get things better if the feedback falls on deaf ears.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need a sim card. You cannot order a sim card and a plan from the webstore without a phone, t...No worries 🙂 I like to tease a little...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh! I now realize I didn't ask the question properly, I'm so sorry about the confusion, Jonathan and Timo!! I don't think I can edit it now, what I MEANT to ask: do you need to visit the Koodo Store to [b]qualify for the 10% discount. Forgetting to add that bit, TOTALLY changed the meaning of my question. Sorry about that!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh! I now realize I didn't ask the question properly, I'm so sorry about the confusion, Jonathan ...No you can call in to customer service & they can apply the discount to your account if you qualify.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh! I now realize I didn't ask the question properly, I'm so sorry about the confusion, Jonathan ...Question has been answered now, thanks!
When I start with a new phone compnay I like to go to the store/kiosk...I want to see them insert the sim and show me that everything works...also you may want to confirm your existing phone works with koodo here: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-a.shtml
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When I start with a new phone compnay I like to go to the store/kiosk...I want to see them insert...I already had my answer, thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When I start with a new phone compnay I like to go to the store/kiosk...I want to see them insert...lol.
Hi all, I have a personal phone. I have a positive tab balance. => It seems like I am eligible I called Koodo twice and they told me that the 10% discount is only for new customers. Is this correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi all, I have a personal phone. I have a positive tab balance. => It seems like I am elig...no, it's not. the 10% discount is for anyone with a positive tab who wants a discount instead of a tab credit. Anyone who says different is not reading the updates sent out by koodo.
Hi all, I have a personal phone. I have a positive tab balance. => It seems like I am elig...Wow that's a fast reply. 🙂 Thanks Timo. How can I make it clear to the guys at customer support that they are actually wrong?
Userlevel 6
Hi all, I have a personal phone. I have a positive tab balance. => It seems like I am elig...They are reading these posts, so I'm sure it will be passed on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi all, I have a personal phone. I have a positive tab balance. => It seems like I am elig...There was a communication sent out to agents by koodo on Feb 18th, specifically stating that as long as they have a positive tab balance, whether a new or existing customer, whether they brought their own unlocked phone or purchased one from koodo, even if they had a negative tab that has now been paid off, everyone is eligible for the 10% discount. I'd tell them to either read their emails or check with their helpdesk.
Hi, Hoping someone can answer my question. Currently I have my own phone on koodo that I brought over from another carrier. If I decided to buy the Samsung Galaxy S4 outright without tab, will I retain the 10% discount? Sorry if this has been answered and bringing this thread back. Thanks in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi, Hoping someone can answer my question. Currently I have my own phone on koodo that I broug...Yes, you can Royce 🙂 Any device you buy outright won't be using up your Tab, hence you can keep your 10% discount 🙂
Userlevel 6
Hi, Hoping someone can answer my question. Currently I have my own phone on koodo that I broug...Actually, I think tab is by default what you get and you have to ask for the 10% to be added.
Userlevel 7
Yup, outright activations/upgrades (if you still retain a 0 or + Tab) maintain your discount. I believe eligible SIM only accounts are audited periodically and if you ever hit the - Tab, the discount will be removed. If you want to go ahead with an S4 outright purchase, find your nearest Mobile Shop, located inside Loblaws/Zehrs/Maxi/Superstore, etc. Why? Those stores have No Tax events sprinkled throughout the year and the Mobile Shops align with it. Imagine saving your province's taxes on $625? Nobody else can give that to you. 🙂