Koodo Community
Question

Quebec cancellation: unused service refund

In Quebec you can cancel your contract at any point and it is effective immediately. If I cancel in the middle of the month, will Koodo refund the unused service (ie 50% of $25)? Are they obligated to under Quebec law?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
The way account cancelation used in Qc. or elsewhere is same, if you decide to cancel your accoun...The cancellation at the end of a cycle is really just a recommendation since the billing is one month in advance.
Userlevel 1
The way account cancelation used in Qc. or elsewhere is same, if you decide to cancel your accoun...True, If customer calls in to cancel his account Koodo will cancel account at customer's bill cycle, Koodo service terms allows immediat cancelation if customer requests it. customers under 3 year terms will be charged remaining balance of iPhone.
Userlevel 1
The way account cancelation used in Qc. or elsewhere is same, if you decide to cancel your accoun...If a customer cancels mid billing cycle, then the receive a prorated credit from that day until the end of their billing cycle(if the cancelation is done on that day before teh end of the billing cycle).
Userlevel 6
The way account cancelation used in Qc. or elsewhere is same, if you decide to cancel your accoun...Incorrect Mat. See Koodo's own service terms: Can I cancel my service at any time? Yes. To cancel your service, contact Koodo with the date you want the cancellation to be effective. Now, it may not make sense for someone to cancel midcycle as proration may bite them in the butt and end up paying more.
Userlevel 1
The way account cancelation used in Qc. or elsewhere is same, if you decide to cancel your account it'll be canceled at the end of your billing cycle, last bill will be issued with Koodo Tab balance only plus extra charges for Talk/Data overaging usage.