Koodo Community
Solved

Purchased a phone with Med tab. Returned it. Got charged connection fee x2, and weird tab thing on bill

• 13 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Not sure if I need to call the callback thing or if I can get help here. Last month I got a promotional text saying I can get $150 bill credit (split in 6 months) if I purchase/upgrade a phone on med tab.
November 17 I went instore to purchase a samsung s8+. The store rep processed the order, then realized he didnt apply the $150 credit. He refunded it, and process again.
On November 21, I returned the phone (completely unused, except charged it). Got the upfront price returned ($280 + tax = $313.60)

Fast forward to Dec 12, bill arrived. Noticed connection fee was charged twice AND there is a weird tab thing:

Previous charges payment:
Tab payment adjustment -$15
Tab payment adjustment -$15

Monthly and other charges (Dec 07 to Jan 06)
Connection Fee $35.00
Connection Fee $35.00
Tab Charge $15.00

The tab balance is 0.00

Current owing $65.20
Online pdf bill says owing $110.00
Historically without tab regular bill should be $44.80
Math does not add up, very confused.

I got my friend to call using his koodo phone - he got only up to the request for callback. This was 3.5hrs ago. Thanks
icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 13 December 2018, 20:40

@jayzee - We just applied a credit for one of the Connection Fees. Your new balance should be available on Self Serve shortly 🙂
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not sure if I need to call the callback thing or if I can get help here.

You will need speak to a rep, because we can't fix billing issues here. We're normal customers like you.
Thank you Robert, back of my mind I thought calling them is the only option. I'll try again tomorrow, day after, and next week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The tab adjustment is just a refund of your tab payment from your bill. Looks like from. This bill and your previous bill?

Your connection fee should only be 1. I think it is still charged even if your return the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Having someone look into it @jayzee - we'll make any necessary adjustments, and report back here to confirm or share more info. if necessary.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
@jayzee - We just applied a credit for one of the Connection Fees. Your new balance should be available on Self Serve shortly 🙂
Thank you Ranjan and Chris for fixing this.