Koodo Community

PSA: Koodo’s 90 day requirement for a transfer of ownership counts from line start date, not account start date

• 28 August 2019
  • 5 replies

I signed up with Koodo on May 29th. I got a callback today to try and get a transfer of ownership - the rep told me that although the actual account is 90 days old, the fact that I changed my number on June 5th (because I kept getting calls for the previous owner and I was fed up) means that the line itself is not 90 days old yet.

This is incredibly unclear on the Koodo website and in documentation. The 90 day requirement for a transfer is barely mentioned anywhere except on this support forum, and whenever it is mentioned, most posts say “the account must be 90 days old” and only some say “the line must be 90 days old”. It isn’t made clear anywhere that the 90 day period will start over if the number is changed.

Hopefully this can save someone else from wasting their time on the phone.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Changing the phone number of an existing line does not create a new line. If that is what you did, you need to complain.
Badge +4
From the archives, first post, some six years ago: Transfer of ownership/responsibility

To the archives, again. MM Robert T's post needs to be revisited: FAQ entry : transfer ownership
Changing the phone number of an existing line does not create a new line. If that is what you did, you need to complain.
That’s exactly what I did. It didn’t apparently create a new line, but it did reset the timer so that it hasn’t been active 90 days yet. The rep said he couldn’t do a transfer of ownership until both account and line had been active 90 days.

He agreed with me that this was incredibly unclear on Koodo’s part and that it needs to be improved. He was however still unwilling (and maybe unable) to do the transfer until the line has been active for 90 days.
From the archives, first post, some six years ago: Transfer of ownership/responsibility
To the archives, again. MM Robert T's post needs to be revisited: FAQ entry : transfer ownership

None of these posts makes it clear that if you change the number on a line, it will be reset back to 0 days active.
Userlevel 5
That is ridiculous. Ask them if your Tab balance also goes to 0 when you change your phone number since it becomes a brand new line. Complain more.