Koodo Community

Community

Premium messaging

I got 149 dollars worth of unbilled premium messages by mistake thought it was 50 limit and they won't reverse it. The rep said koodo allows 500-1000 worth with billing to mobile. That is plain wrong in my eyes to let get billed to your mobile. My sister did it on my phone without my consent thks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Need to put a passcode on your phone so she does not continue to abuse it! The $50 limit applies only to data consumption, per the CRTC.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You spoke with a Koodo Rep already? It is unfortunately a popular mode of payment. Any form of payment can be abused. Unfortunately you are responsible still for someone using your phone without your consent. Koodo explicitly says if your phone is stolen or lost to suspend the service to prevent whomever finds or steals it fr racking up a bill so I would expect Koodo to act the same RE premium messaging. You'd probably have to speak with the premium messaging service your sister used to get some money back and I'd suggest banking her form using your phone and changing the password to something she wouldn't know and make it always ask for password. It's something that you'll have to figure out with her.
I know didn't say wasn't gonna pay the charges. Is there a way to make this upcoming bill little easier to pay? Over payment arrangement over a few months
I called the company and got them black list number and email address too
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Emily, 

Yeah it's possible to make payment arrangement, but you would need to contact Koodo for that!