Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Pre authorized payment for my first bill

Userlevel 1
I signed up for the pre authorized payment on my debit card. My due date for payment was august 27 but until today it wasn't debited on my account yet. I want to pay my bill using credit card right away when I saw my bill wasn't pay yet but when I check my koodoo account it says my next pre authorized payment was august 27. I'm confused 😕

8 replies

Your first payment will need to be done manually as it takes a full billing cycle for the preauthorized payment to take affect.
When preauthorized payments take effect, why is the payment withdrawn days before the actual payment due date?
Userlevel 5
It's not withdrawn before the due date, it happens right on the due date (which is a few days before your next bill comes out).
Not true. My bill due date for this month is Sept. 3. They processed the payment on my credit card on Aug. 30.
Teresa Coppens wrote:

Not true. My bill due date for this month is Sept. 3. They processed the payment on my credit c...

Then Sept 3 is the last day of your billing cycle, because Aug 30 would be the bill due date.
Userlevel 5
Ah my mistake, every preauthorised bill I have works the way I mentioned (but I do not have Koodo preauthorised, with something that can have overages I like to look at it before I pay it). In this case it's likely Koodo making sure the money is in your account before the due date as payments from a bank can take a few days to process.
Bill states that payment is due by Sept 3. No where is there stated a due date of Aug 30.
I believe you are mistaken. I recommend posting an image of your bill with the relevant information so we can confirm. Koodo will always take the payment out on the bill due date on a credit card.