Koodo Community
Solved

Pre Authorized Payment

• 27 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi all! 

If I set up my AMEX as a pre-authorized payment will there be an extra charge associated with it? I know certain places charge roughly $3 extra if you pay via credit card?

icon

Best answer by Helen Koodo 27 September 2020, 15:07

Hello there,

If you set up pre-authorized payment you will not pay any extra fee, you will pay only the monthly charges for your service. 

For payments processed with  prepaid credit cards, the credit card issuer may charge a transaction fee which may apply every time the card is attempted regardless of whether the payment is accepted or declined.

Prepaid credit cards are accepted for one-time payments only. Do not use a prepaid credit card to set up pre-authorized credit card payments.

Regards,

Helen

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

No, there isn’t any extra fee if you pay by a credit card from Koodo. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments

Userlevel 7

The link only mentions “No more late charges!”. I was charged for  “Automatic Top-Up/ Réapprovisionnements auto.    $5.00” with my first prepaid account top-up payment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello there,

If you set up pre-authorized payment you will not pay any extra fee, you will pay only the monthly charges for your service. 

For payments processed with  prepaid credit cards, the credit card issuer may charge a transaction fee which may apply every time the card is attempted regardless of whether the payment is accepted or declined.

Prepaid credit cards are accepted for one-time payments only. Do not use a prepaid credit card to set up pre-authorized credit card payments.

Regards,

Helen

Userlevel 7

@Helen Koodo All my bills are paid by preauthorized payments from my credit card and none carries any transaction fees. As I mentioned, my first top-up payment (from the same credit card) had an associated  (direct quote) “Automatic Top-Up/ Réapprovisionnements auto.    $5.00” charge. Since you stated that “you will pay only the monthly charges for your service“, I would appreciate an  explanation for the $5 charge on my account.