Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone plan issue

How long does it take to -140 tab balance to reach 0? And If I cancel my iPhone 4S plan and get a phone at $0 with medium tab for $42 per month, will there be any extra charges on renewal or something like that? Because last time when I changed from a monthly plan to an iPhone 3 year plan I had to pay extra $90 for renewal or something. Sorry I'm not a phone type of guy thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 2
If you're going to upgrade your phone with the Tab, you will need to pay off the remainder of your current Tab before. So if your current Tab is $140, then that is what you will have to pay first before you can get another phone with a Tab. There is no extra "upgrade" fee otherwise. Also note that taking a Tab Medium will add an extra $5 to your monthly plan.
quasarito wrote:

If you're going to upgrade your phone with the Tab, you will need to pay off the remainder of you...

So for example, if take galaxy s3 medium tab for $0 plus $42 plan, I would have to pay $47+tax per month? And no fee for the phone? And does the tab balance reach 0 at the end of my contract?
quasarito wrote:

If you're going to upgrade your phone with the Tab, you will need to pay off the remainder of you...

Yes, that's correct. The tab balance will reach 0 at the end of 24 months. But, before you do this, and if you do it like you mentioned, you will have to pay off the $140 remaining on your current tab.
Userlevel 7
quasarito wrote:

Basically, yes. Thing is I hate using the word "contract" due its negative connotations because technically speaking it isn't in the traditional sense, but legally it is.
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

Your monthly cost will be $42 + $5 + tax. Every month, your Tab will be reduced by $6.30 + $5 = $11.30. At the end of 2 years, your Tab will be zero (the remaining balance will be absorbed by Koodo). Note that $11.30 x 24 months = $271.20. So at the end of two years, that $28.80 remaining on your Tab will vanish. It's like free money!
Userlevel 7
If you have a -140 Tab balance, that has to be repaid before you can upgrade. It will be invoiced to you at the kiosk or you can do it through Self Serve. If you take the iPhone 4S 8GB for $0, then that's using Tab M, a -300 balance. There's no upgrade, SIM card, or admin fees, but you'll have to pay an extra $5 on your plan for 24 months or until the Tab is repaid, whichever comes first (it will be 24 months, mathematically speaking).
can i use that iphone 4s 8GB for $0 with chatr.i am with koodo $62 plan with iphone 5s.i have 2 sim.the other one is chatr,can i use it for chatr.please reply.thank you.