Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone Number Porting, Sask/Alberta?

I have a Alberta Number with Bell but moving to Saskatchewan, and I need to keep my bell Phone number for work related reasons. that being said If i get a new phone new plan with koodo Saskatchewan, will I be able to keep my alberta number?

14 replies

Userlevel 3
You'll have to open an account with Koodo and get assigned a temporary #. Once this is done you'd have to call in to customer service and provide the account # of your old provider along with the Tn #. Generally the port process takes 2-3 hours from cell phone to cell phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm pretty sure you can, David... you can have a number anywhere you like. However I would imagine you might need to provide a Sask address matching your credit card. There has been a lot of fraud unfortunately of people faking a Sask address just to get their awesome $55 plan, not sure if Koodo is planning on doing something about it but they might want some proof that you are actually there.
Userlevel 3
Sophia wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can, David... you can have a number anywhere you like. However I would ima...

They won't be eligible for the $55 price plan because the # is based out of Alberta.They would have to change the # to a Sask # to be eligible for that provincial promo plan.
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can, David... you can have a number anywhere you like. However I would ima...

If he already has the sask plan before the number change would the system notice?
Userlevel 3
Sophia wrote:

Off chance if he had a sask plan prior, if an address change or telephone # change is done on the account outside of Sask or MAN the system will catch it. Because clients have to have a Sask/Manitoba address and # to be eligible for provincials plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Except when you port the number in, Rocky, as a Google search will quickly reveal 😞
Sophia wrote:

In order to be able to get the Manitoba/Saskatchewan rate plan, you must have a number with the following area codes. 204, 431, 306 & 639.
Userlevel 3
Sophia wrote:

@Sophia again if the address or # is not Sask/Manitoba # they won't be eligible.
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

Rocky, customer opens account in sask with a sask address. Then ports in the Alberta number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Ah, you tell that to the hundreds and hundreds who ported in their number and are happily using it with their own address and their own province number... just search for "Koodo Saskatchewan plan" and it'll probably pop up on top of your list. (@Rocky)
Sophia wrote:

If you are currently on the rate plan and change your number to something else that is not the above area codes, then the customer is no longer eligible for the rate plan. Porting a number in from another province does not change this. It will be up to the agent to catch it however.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

But that's the thing agents sent catching it and note an more ppl are doing it.
Sophia wrote:

Am I able to pucharse a phone with a Alberta number while in Saskatchewan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Purchase a phone, yes. If you are moving to SK, it maybe worthwhile switching numbers afterwards.