Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone Number is suddenly long distance?

I just got a home phone three weeks ago in my new place and suddenly, yesterday, when I tried calling it, my koodo phone tells me that it is "Long Distance"!? I've been calling it fine for the past two weeks but suddenly, it's long distance. What gives?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
And you're in your home at the time?
@Curtules: Yes!
Userlevel 6
BigMike wrote:

That's weird, outbound calls to a number in the same region in which you're currently located would not come up as long distance. Your cellphone's home zone could be on the other side of the country and it wouldn't matter. Do other lines in your area get a long distance warning when they call your home number?
BigMike wrote:

No. All other calls incoming are fine
Userlevel 6
BigMike wrote:

What about other cell phones in your home? It's a longshot, but your home might be just outside the home zone for your home number.
BigMike wrote:

My wife's cell(Rogers) is fine. But that's the kicker, for the past two weeks it hasn't been long distance for my cell but last night it was.
Userlevel 6
BigMike wrote:

It might just be a glitch, is it still doing it? If so, try giving Koodo's Tech support team a call. 1-866-995-6636 (preferably from a different phone) option 6, a super cool and attractive rep can assist you further.
Userlevel 7
BigMike wrote:

And you're dialing a one first right?
BigMike wrote:

@Curtules. Yeah, it's still doing it. I'll give them a call tomorrow unless a koodo rep reads this post and resolves it. @Chad. No, don't need to.
Userlevel 6
BigMike wrote:

Well, actually, a rep did read it (moi) unfortunately this is a public forum so I can't take any action on your account based on communications done here. Even if you posted your account info (don't because then anyone can see it) it would be a gross infringement on privacy laws for me to do anything with your account.
BigMike wrote:

fair enough