Koodo Community
Question

Pending Transaction, from Visa Gift card bill payment

• 18 February 2014
  • 11 replies

I used a Visa.gift card (prepaid visa) to make a payment to my account. It does not show on my Koodo Account, but it does on my Visa.gift card a "Pending Transaction" how can I cancel the Pending Transaction from Koodo, or make it go through??

11 replies

Userlevel 5
I don't believe Koodo accepts transactions from prepaid credit cards. How long ago did you try to make the payment? Your best bet may be to call the company that provided the prepaid card (their number is on the back of the card).
Userlevel 7
These are the types of credit cards koodo accepts according to the FAQ http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/Buying-Online-new/what-types-of-credit-cards-do-you-accept
Userlevel 1
Visa.gift Cards should be banned, based on the content of this complaint alone. Had Kara V had used a Princess Auto or Chapters .gift card" to pay the Koodo bill, payment would be instantly 'denied' and Kara V would still have "full value" on said card(s). But because of the purposely designed, bully tactics employed by Visa Marketing, Koodo was NOT paid and Kara V does NOT have, full value of her.gift card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Visa.gift Cards should be banned, based on the content of this complaint alone. Had Kara V had u...Eventually would not the pending transaction be declined and returned to the card?
Userlevel 1
Visa.gift Cards should be banned, based on the content of this complaint alone. Had Kara V had u... Absolutely, but until then she is without the money and certainly upset enough that she is seeking help, in the Koodo Community, for a Visa.gift Card issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Visa.gift Cards should be banned, based on the content of this complaint alone. Had Kara V had u...Totally understand, however, all is not lost and eventually the full value will be restored, though I do sympathize with the situation she'll need to find an alternative way to pay this bill.
Userlevel 1
Visa.gift Cards should be banned, based on the content of this complaint alone. Had Kara V had u...Your right again. My point was Visa not put her in this position to begin with. Visa loads the.gift cards, as they do credit cards, giving false impression that bill is paid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Visa.gift Cards should be banned, based on the content of this complaint alone. Had Kara V had u...It'd be great if Koodo system would recognize potential.gift cards or just have a tick box that must be ticked 'this is not a.gift card or prepaid visa'
Userlevel 1
Visa.gift Cards should be banned, based on the content of this complaint alone. Had Kara V had u...Those are great ideas, you should post it as an idea, I'd vote for it. The fact that it is 'cash' on a card, it would be cash going into Koodo account, void 'credit card' fees, I would think.
Thank you for all the assistance. I ended up calling the visa.giftcardstore and they canceled the pending transaction. It was a little confusing though because they said I should have been able to use it as long as the bill is over $30 and as,e with the amount on the visa.gift card.
Userlevel 1
Thank you for all the assistance. I ended up calling the visa.giftcardstore and they canceled the...That's great news! Its terrible feeling when you pay a bill and its not paid and the money is gone. But you got it back pretty quickly and thats great!