Koodo Community
Solved

Payment issues through online self serve website.

• 18 November 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Ok, can someone please explain to me why Koodo would charge my prepaid visa $227.13 more than what my actual bill is when I paid through the website? I've tried to get through to customer service about this but with this new virtual assistant they've got going now it's almost impossible to talk to a real person anymore! I am seriously NOT HAPPY because there was no notification that the extra would be charged and I had to call my bank to try and figure out why they payment for the amount owed according to my bill, which just came out yesterday, was not clearing when there was more than what was owed on the the visa. I had to add another $210 to the visa to get the payment to process because of Koodo's attempt to charge my card more than what was owed on the bill! This is absolutely ridiculous and I'm seriously considering getting the CRTC and RCMP involved.
icon

Best answer by Ranjan Koodo 18 November 2018, 22:32

Hey Jordan - we would only deduct the amount you put in to charge, as you don't have pre-authorized payments - your payments have been made manually online.
You've been carrying a past-due over the last three invoices, so the amount paid is in fact showing correct on our end. As of right now, there's an over-payment of only $36, which is showing as a credit on your account.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can schedule a call back through the virtual assistant, or contact them through Facebook private messenger.
Badge +4
How much was your bill?
Did you request to pay off your tab if you have one?
Did you order a new phone through your account and still have a previous tab?
When in the billing section of your self serve account click on account history. What does it show in there?
Any chance an incorrect amount was entered when you tried to pay your bill through the website?

There must be a reason why the system tried to take out the amount it did.
Userlevel 1
No tab was paid off and the bill was 1139.17. They took 1367 from my prepaid visa and there was no explanation given at all. The account history only shows the 1139.17 as being paid and doesn't reflect the extra 227.83 at all. I'm going to try and get a hold of them in the morning and get this sorted out because there was no reason why they should have taken what they did according to what I could see on the website at all.
Userlevel 1
You can schedule a call back through the virtual assistant, or contact them through Facebook private messenger.
Yeah I'm actually going to do that. I was seriously hoping to get through to a live person tonight but it's way to late for that now. This is just mind boggling because there's no obvious reason for the difference in amounts. I'm wondering if they took out the amount for next months bill as well? if so I'm going to loose it on someone cause that was NOT the amount I agreed to pay through the website.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Good luck 🙂 Let us know how it went!
Userlevel 1
Good luck 🙂 Let us know how it went!
I certainly will. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you download your last 2 pdf ebills?
Are you able to login to your prepaid visa account and confirm the koodo withdrawal? Was it taken out in 1 payment or 2?
Userlevel 1
Are you able to login to your prepaid visa account and confirm the koodo withdrawal? Was it taken out in 1 payment or 2?

I have checked both bills and nothing explains the extra amount. The most recent bill was just issued on Thursday and was current as of this morning. The Transaction has not posted to my Visa account as of yet but that is nothing new. Sometimes transactions can take up to 24hrs to post through there. None of this however is the point. When I went through the payment process on the Self Serve website I told it I wanted to pay the amount owed of 1139.17, it accepted that amount and showed me once the payment was made I would have a zero balance. I entered all the correct information for my card and the transaction would not got through, even though I told the website that I only wanted to pay the 1139.17. I contacted my bank and they were the ones that informed me Koodo was actually trying to withdraw 1367 from my prepaid visa and that was why the payment was not clearing. I never authorized Koodo to withdraw that amount and I ended up have to put more on the Visa just to get the payment to clear. The point is Koodo withdrew more than what I authorized them to and did not provided ANY explanation as to why, no any warning that the 1367 was going to be withdrawn in the first place! They only stated that the amount of 1139.17 was going to be taken and that is all that is showing as having been paid on Self Serve for Koodo. There is no mention of the extra 227.83 at all nor is there any record on Koodo of it having been posted to my account here. The only upside to this whole mess is my balance is finally at zero where i wanted it to be in the first place, even though by rights there should be a credit balance of 227.83 on there now. I'm seriously hoping Customer service has an explanation for this because this is bordering on credit card fraud right now and I could very well get the RCMP involved if I so chose.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have checked both bills and nothing explains the extra amount. The most recent bill was just issued on Thursday and was current as of this morning. The Transaction has not posted to my Visa account as of yet but that is nothing new. Sometimes transactions can take up to 24hrs to post through there. None of this however is the point. When I went through the payment process on the Self Serve website I told it I wanted to pay the amount owed of 1139.17, it accepted that amount and showed me once the payment was made I would have a zero balance. I entered all the correct information for my card and the transaction would not got through, even though I told the website that I only wanted to pay the 1139.17. I contacted my bank and they were the ones that informed me Koodo was actually trying to withdraw 1367 from my prepaid visa and that was why the payment was not clearing. I never authorized Koodo to withdraw that amount and I ended up have to put more on the Visa just to get the payment to clear. The point is Koodo withdrew more than what I authorized them to and did not provided ANY explanation as to why, no any warning that the 1367 was going to be withdrawn in the first place! They only stated that the amount of 1139.17 was going to be taken and that is all that is showing as having been paid on Self Serve for Koodo. There is no mention of the extra 227.83 at all nor is there any record on Koodo of it having been posted to my account here. The only upside to this whole mess is my balance is finally at zero where i wanted it to be in the first place, even though by rights there should be a credit balance of 227.83 on there now. I'm seriously hoping Customer service has an explanation for this because this is bordering on credit card fraud right now and I could very well get the RCMP involved if I so chose.

Dude calm down. This literally just happened to you. The RCMP is not gonna care about this, especially if it's just a billing error.
Just make sure you get screenshots of what was taken from the card showing that it was koodo. And get screenshots if the amount u were trying to pay.

It could also be the bank who had a mistake on their end too
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Jordan - we would only deduct the amount you put in to charge, as you don't have pre-authorized payments - your payments have been made manually online.
You've been carrying a past-due over the last three invoices, so the amount paid is in fact showing correct on our end. As of right now, there's an over-payment of only $36, which is showing as a credit on your account.