Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Paying with Western Union

Hello! I need help... after I moved back to germany I received a final bill from Koodo. My problem now is that I need to pay it by going to Western Union, but Koodo is not able to give me all the information which is requiered. Western Union told me that they need some kind of a banking account number. Unfortunately I don't know if this is the right name for it in canada! Does anybody of you can helf me or has experiences paying it with western union? I would appretiate that!! I hope I was clearly enough (and there are no understanding problems because of my german english)... Thanks, Max

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your looking for your account # to pay your bill it's located on your last bill your received right at the top of the page.
Userlevel 3
I don't have your Western Union answer. All I can offer is the following. Visa has no international boundaries, and may be your best option in this case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Melater wrote:

I don't have your Western Union answer. All I can offer is the following. Visa has no internat...

I've tried paying for things overseas with Visa and was denied as you need to call Visa and let them know to let the charges go through, the same with Mastercard. The only one you don't have to inform of the purchase overseas is AM Ex. They do this to prevent fraudulent charges but it's more of a pain than anything.
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

I don't have your Western Union answer. All I can offer is the following. Visa has no internat...

I wasn't aware of that Paul. Thanks.
thanks paul, but i need the banking account number of koodo (not my own). they won't take my visa, because they just take canadian visa cards and no international ones.
Userlevel 3
BTW......Very noble of you to follow through on your responsibilities Max. Many in your situation wouldn't. Kudos to you. 🙂
Bill Melater wrote:

BTW......Very noble of you to follow through on your responsibilities Max. Many in your situati...

Do I have any other options? Not to pay? 🙂
Userlevel 4
Bill Melater wrote:

BTW......Very noble of you to follow through on your responsibilities Max. Many in your situati...

Some people are like that, unfortunately.
Bill Melater wrote:

the problem is actually that they dont have a proper payment option... so i guess that some people dont want to spend their time with mailing koodo everday just because they dont provide the requiered information you need to pay via western union...
Bill Melater wrote:

Hey Max, did you solve this problem? I´m so frustrated about getting a bill, and they don´t give me any options to pay it, Kim.
Bill Melater wrote:

I actually waited until koodo instructed something like an enforcement agency. They wrote me a letter that I have to pay and finally I got rid of my money, because this agendy had the needed information. I don't know why such a big company like Koodo wasn't able to provide it but after all I never heard of koode again. Maybe its the only option?! Sad but true!:)
Bill Melater wrote:

This is so weird. I had so much trouble with this plan I took even when I was in Canada, and I regret taken it. Such a waste of waste of time and energy. Went to Western Union only to find out I cant use them for my Koodo bill outside Canada and U.S... Then my Swedish bank, but they need Iban and Swift which is not provided anywhere. Gosh... Anyways, thank you for answering and have a good day!
Userlevel 6
Hi Max, we can only provide info about Western Union if you're in Canada or the U.S. One option would be to ask your bank to issue a cheque in Canadian Dollars. Don't forget to indicate your Koodo account number on the cheque and mail it to: Koodo Mobile PO Box 11005 Succursale Postale Centreville Montreal, QC H3C 4T5 CANADA Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
I have exactly the same problem. Sitting in Sweden with a bill. My only option is to pay from my Swedish bank and for that I need an account from Koodo with Swift and Iban nr. Can you provide me with that please? Best, Kim