Koodo Community
Question

Paying Tab early

• 14 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello everybody! I have a quick question related to paying tab early. So i have this iPhone XR that i got about 1 year ago. I got it during a promotion with a few hundred $ in Phone Credit (also known as Tab Bonus). I’m currently on month 13 out of 24, but due to unseen circumstances, i’m looking to get a cheaper plan with another company. I’m wondering if i have to pay back the Phone Credit if i wish to cancel before the end of my 24 months contract or does it charge it on my bill (i have my home phone too with koodo, but i do not wish to cancel it)?

Many thanks in advance

-iMzDaCat

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your self service account will have details of the remaining tab amount and the remaining tab bonus amounts. Both will have to be paid back upon cancelling your account.

Your self service account will have details of the remaining tab amount and the remaining tab bonus amounts. Both will have to be paid back upon cancelling your account.

Well about that, it has never mentioned my tab bonus. I can only know what it is if i were to call the support line. Also, by cancelling account, do you mean completely closing an account and moving everything to another carrier? Because as i mentioned, i have another line on the same account, which i have no intention of cancelling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"Well about that, it has never mentioned my tab bonus."

- When you upgrade your phone, there was a mention about phone credit/ Tab bonus within their site. Also, you should have received your service agreement and mentioning about pay back tab balance.

"Also, by cancelling account, do you mean completely closing an account and moving everything to another carrier? Because as i mentioned, i have another line on the same account,"

- It doesn't matter if you have another line under your account. If you cancel the line with Tab on it , then you need to pay them off.