Koodo Community

Community

Solved

paying on the date your charges are due?

i just paid for my bill using my online billing through my bank, wondering if there will be a layover between the time when the payment goes through that i wont have service. just because today was the day the charges were due, so also if any other charges will be made even though i payed before the end of my bill cycle.

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Banking payments take 3-5 business days to post, so expect a late fee.
Myke wrote:

how much is that normailly?
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

2% of the bill amount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Honestly, I didn't ever get charged for paying the same date with the online banking system. If you do, just give them a call
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Honestly, I didn't ever get charged for paying the same date with the online banking system. If y...

Why? If the payment is not on the account by the due date, a late fee will be applied. This will not be credited.
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Honestly, I didn't ever get charged for paying the same date with the online banking system. If y...

Hi Myke, as of August 2012, late payment fees don't apply if an online payment is made on the due date (Koodo help - Latest news). So it should be automatically credited 🙂 Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

And how is the system susposed to know this? I make a payment on the due date with online banking, payment doesn' post for 5 days, that payment is now late because it is not paid by the due date. If the payment is not on the account by the due date, the late fee is applied. This has never changed nor has there ever been any mass communications that the late fee is no longer applied.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

There have been mass communications. The payment posts to koodo's systems with the date it was made at the bank. As long as the payment date is on time, any applicable late fees will be waived. I remember getting the email months ago, can't remember exactly when, but august 2012 sounds about right.
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I've been saying this all along and I have paid 'on occasion' a few days before and on the actual bill due date without ever incurring a late payment fee. However, I would call in to billing and rattle off the transaction verification code issued by my bank just so that they were made aware I had made a payment.
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Well that's good I guess. Weird I don't recall receiving such an email, but that's miscommunications for ya.
Badge +4
Best practice is to contact Koodo's billing department and politely explain the situation. On occasion, I've paid a day or two before the bill's due date. I simply provided them with a payment confirmation code from the bank and provided the billing rep an explanation as to why this had happened. Keep in mind that what the billing rep does next is completely at their discretion, each situation is different and outcomes will vary considerably. In my particular case, the billing rep noted the information and assured me that my services would remain intact. I can honestly say I've never been charged a late fee or had an interruption of service using this method. That said, the operative word here is occasionally, don't allow this to become a habit or develop into a pattern.
Userlevel 7
I setup pre-authorized payments through my credit card so I never miss a payment. If you don't have or don't want to use a credit card for this, you can also setup pre authorized payments through your bank a few business days before the due date to ensure it goes through on time.