Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Paying a full bill for 6 days?

I've just gotten my first Koodo bill, it's $60 dollars for April 18-24...when I got the phone I was told, and have documentation stating the the daily rate x the 6 days extra on the billing cycle would be my first bill. The bill should then reflect the cycle from April 24-May 24 plus those six days? (Essentially April18-May24)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
I think you're misreading it. Yes, you are correct in saying it's supposed to be pro-rated, so you'll see partial charges for April 18-24 and then the first full month... you weren't charged a full $60 for those few days.
Userlevel 6
All phone companies charge a month in advance plus the partial month at the you start your service or when you change plans? Did they not explain that to you? Where did you buy your phone Tom?
My Koodo self-serve app clearly shows the bill cycle as April 18-24 and the bill is due May 20, so it can't be including the first full month since it hasn't happened yet. And Chris, no one told me I'd be paying a month in advance...that doesn't really make sense to me, unless that means at the end I'm not going to have to pay for a month, which I think is highly unlikely. I bought the phone at West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton, AB
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tom Whitney Ireland wrote:

My Koodo self-serve app clearly shows the bill cycle as April 18-24 and the bill is due May 20, s...

ding-ding! You will not pay a bill for your plan at the end of your final month of service, as you will have already paid ifor it at the beginning of your final month of service. The only thing that would be on your final bill will be any remaining negative tab balance along with any applicable overage charges for the final month of service.
Userlevel 5
Tom Whitney Ireland wrote:

My Koodo self-serve app clearly shows the bill cycle as April 18-24 and the bill is due May 20, s...

If you're only checking the app there's your problem. Sign in online and view the PDF bill and you will see you're paying for one month + six days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You pay one month ahead just like your home cable bill. This link will help your first bill. http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill