Koodo Community
Question

Paying a bill from outside Canada

• 31 January 2013
  • 9 replies

Hello, I have a question about paying a bill from outside Canada. I cancelled my account before I left but I still need to pay a bill. Since I have an international credit card, it didn't work. What do i need to do to make my credit work? Is it the only way to call customer service from overseas to solve this? Or is there any other way to pay? I am not coming back to Canada so I really need to pay. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paying your Bill from outside Canada: Credit:CB If you still have access to a canadian bank account you can pay directly to Koodo right from your account. If you have an international credit card you'll need to call Koodo Customer Service and register your card for use first. From outside Canada: 1-416-279-8811 You can also pay via Western Union Quick Collect. Source: Timo Tuokkola Customers need to include the following information on the quick collect form: Customer name Koodo Mobile account number Mobile phone number Code City: Koodo Mobile Code State: ON
Userlevel 1
Failing all that Chad mentioned, you could ask a friend in Canada to pay your bill at a Koodo kiosk and pay them back.
All SOUNDS good Chad...until you go to western union in Australia (following three calls to koodo, totalling 1 1/2 hours!!!) and discover that they do not actually have these types of payment options in Australia (ie quick collect forms). Ah, quick collect!! In your dreams!!! There is NOTHING quick collect about Koodo, in actual fact I am now convinced that koodo just do NOT want our money, so we have no option than to walk away from a $200 debt, with a totally clear conscience, knowing we have done EVERYTHING in our power to rectify this. The most amazing thing in all this.....a koodo rep telling me the problem is with Australia!!!! Are they for real?? Who is the backward one here, come on now??! And when I wanted a simple thing as the koodo bank account details so a bank here could transfer the money to Koodo......wait for it.....Koodo (apparently) does not have a bank account 🙂 So what happens to all the customer money? Interesting indeed!!! Finally they told me it was just the fact that Koodo needed to keep their bank details PRIVATE! Please!!! come on!! Well, after getting to bed at 1:30am, following marathon calls to customer service, I ask that my file be flagged 'customer UNSUCCESSFULLY explored EVERY option for payment, and now intends to walk away from the debt'. Sad, but true! Koodo, step into the 21st century!! PLEASE!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
All SOUNDS good Chad...until you go to western union in Australia (following three calls to koodo...Why not just send them a money order in the mail. It's totally trackable. I think the address is on your bill.
Nope, you know what...I just went to my bank to organise a bank cheque in Canadian dollars. Can you believe that Canada is the only place in the world where they do not accept international money orders in Canadian dollars!!! OMG!!! Would have to pay $35 on top of the bill to send Aussie dollars which would need to be converted to Canadian, and paid for by Koodo. Guess the latest head banging choice I have is to send a personal cheque in Aussie dollars, approximated to Canadian bill amount and tell them if that doesn't work for them, then to tear up my cheque and write off the debt , cos that's it......all over, red rover!!! Time for honesty to take a back seat to sanity. I can sleep at nights again, knowing I have done EVERYTHING in my power to pay this bill. And Koodo needs to take a long hard look at their billing/payment options for outside Canada. I have found many other blogs where Aussies have been in the same predicament and just walked. What example is Koodo setting for honest people? I hate to walk away too, but it's just way way WAY too hard....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you not have a trusted friend you could PayPal the money to in Canada who could pay it through their bank account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you not have a trusted friend you could PayPal the money to in Canada who could pay it through...All your friend would need is your account number with koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also call in with an international credit card. You do have other options here.
well, after 3 calls yesterday to different operators, who also concurred with supervisors and head office, it appears there are not other options here. I have tried AND TRIED to pay over the phone using international credit card, but Koodo will not accept my card. I attempted to register it with Koodo last week and told to pay online 48 hours later. No luck! Apparently my bank would not authorise Koodo, unheard of process to me. A credit card I have used over and over again, in Canada, and worldwide, as well as countless times online, is not accepted by Koodo?? We know nobody in Canada to ask for help, and seriously - should we REALLY be needing to do that? How much can someone be inconvenienced when all they want to do is pay the bill and cut all ties with Koodo for good!!!!! its the 21st century, for goodness sake