Koodo Community

Community

Pay only for what you use!

My idea is this: I think Koodo would be one of the greatest cell phone carriers in Canada if they only charged their clients for what they use. What I mean by this is that everyone still has a plan but they only have to pay for the amount they use, resulting in the rest of their unused minutes, data, text messages, etc. being refunded to their Koodo account, which they can use later. Koodo still profits and becomes even more competitive to rival cell phone carriers because they don't have contracts AND now only charge what is necessary. This satisfies their clients more than ever before (keeping Koodos reputation alive and well) and attracts more customers due to industry leading rates. Everyone's Happy!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Prepaid works like this. You pay for the base plan (cheapest is $15/month for unlimited text messages) then buy boosters for minutes and data. These never expire as long as you keep paying for the base plan.
Ray wrote:

Prepaid works like this. You pay for the base plan (cheapest is $15/month for unlimited text mess...

That's true but a lot of people get frustrated with pre-paid, having to keep track of what they're using and when they're going to run out. Especially in today's society where everyone wants the best plan, for the cheapest amount, in the easiest most efficient way possible. The majority of people today are on a plan and will likely always choose a plan before pre-paid even if they are losing money. Why? It's easier, people have busy lives and will most always take the more efficient route even if it costs more. People don't want to have to fiddle with their plan every month because something in their lives changed and its affecting it differently. Therefore, I think this idea differs from pre-paid. Think about it. How many times do you sign up for a plan and use the capacity of its contents? Never. I think people deserve to use what they pay for. Koodo is an extremely customer friendly company and I think that something like this would not only boost their reputation, but help them gain more customers and ground on competition.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ray wrote:

Prepaid works like this. You pay for the base plan (cheapest is $15/month for unlimited text mess...

-"How many times do you sign up for a plan and use the capacity of its contents? Never" I guess it would be great if I can use up all contents every month. But that's why all the plan said " up to xx min" or " up to xx MB" ...and we sign up if you agree with it.
Userlevel 6
Ray wrote:

That's a typical of needs vs wants. Get prepaid, watch your usage and top up before you run out. That's how you save money. Same as driving a car actually. You need to fill up before you can drive away, and then you need to keep an eye on the needle. Likewise, your mortgage needs to be paid even when you're on vacation. The bank couldn't care less whether or not you're sleeping at home or not, It's exactly the same with monthly plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ray wrote:

"Especially in today's society where everyone wants the best plan, for the cheapest amount, in the easiest most efficient way possible." That is the whole problem, today's society expects the best everything, for free, with 100% real time support. Unfortunately that is not how things work... if you want to pay only what you use, prepaid is the only way to go. I do hope your idea will get implemented of course, but I wouldn't hold my breath!