Koodo Community

Pay my Cancellation Fee - Incentive to switch from Bell/Rogers and/or Rogers to Koodo!

Show first post

39 replies

Is it unfair to change lenders on your mortgage? What if the bank you are moving to even pays th...Perhaps it is arrogant to ask for them to eat the entire cost. But I don't think it's arrogant to transfer my debt from one lender to another.
Userlevel 6
Is it unfair to change lenders on your mortgage? What if the bank you are moving to even pays th...Koodo is not a financial institution, it is not their business to transfer debt from one company to another.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it unfair to change lenders on your mortgage? What if the bank you are moving to even pays th...But that's not what you are asking for, is it Brad, or did I read your OP wrong? You want Koodo to pay your entire cancellation fee of your current contract... at least that is how I read your initial post. Or do you want Koodo to take over your contract breaking penalty so you can pay them back gradually? Even then you'd be in a murdering contract with Koodo for the longest time, and what if you end up not liking them either? Have a third company pay off the amount of what you owe Koodo to pay off what you owed your previous carrier? It just doesn't make sense either way... I'm afraid you have no choice but to either sit out your current year, or cough up the fee for getting out of your contract... One consolation for you is that once you sign up with Koodo, all you ever have to worry about is your current month and remaining Tab - provided you don't take the 3-year iPhone contract 😃
Userlevel 6
Is it unfair to change lenders on your mortgage? What if the bank you are moving to even pays th...I agree with Sophia. I paid $400 to cancel my remaining 1 year contract with Rogers. Thats fair and simple. Why make it complex, this is a terrible idea. To be honest that phone I was using was 2 year old and needing an upgrade the tab just works wonders for it.
Is it unfair to change lenders on your mortgage? What if the bank you are moving to even pays th...Sophia, I agree my OP needed refinement. To pay off the entire cancellation fee with no limits or conditions would not make a lot of sense for Koodo. However, I do feel the concept has some merit and I would gladly put $150 a Koodo tab to basically subsidize my existing phone. Think of it as 'purchasing my existing used phone from Bell' rather than getting a new $150 BB Curve phone for 0$ with a $150 tab).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it unfair to change lenders on your mortgage? What if the bank you are moving to even pays th...I sincerely hope you get your wish, Brad 🙂 It never hurts to ask 🙂
Userlevel 5
Now we're saying paying off a term and a credit to the account are the same thing? Please keep in mind Wind is a much smaller company with a fraction of a network, that (from what I've read) is inferior anyway. Offering credits like that is simply a tool trying to grow their tiny client base.
Userlevel 5
Now we're saying paying off a term and a credit to the account are the same thing? Please keep i...Don't get me wrong their rates are appealing if you never leave their zone. My nearest zone is almost 2 hours away.
Userlevel 2
Now we're saying paying off a term and a credit to the account are the same thing? Please keep i...It's just a BYOD credit. New customers can bring their own phone and get $15 off their bill, up to a max of $300. This is assuming they go on the $40 unlimited plan, which I'm sure most would as it's by far the best value, especially if you're getting it for $25 with this discount. Koodo also offers a very similar BYOD discount.
Now we're saying paying off a term and a credit to the account are the same thing? Please keep i...And there's no limit. You stay with Koodo for 5 years with your own device, you still keep getting that discount.
Userlevel 2
Now we're saying paying off a term and a credit to the account are the same thing? Please keep i...This is true. The $15 off per month with Wind represents a significantly larger monthly discount in comparison though, you would need a base plan of $150/month with koodo to achieve the same savings over a given month on the same promotion.
Userlevel 4
That's not good business for Koodo for many reasons .First because if you are getting another Company (Koodo) to pay off your contract off what makes Koodo think you will stay with them for a long time. Second if Koodo pays your contract your going to have to buy a really expensive plan which isn't good for you as the customer. Thrid if Koodo pays your contract off Koodo/Telus loses alot money goes bankrupt then we all have to find a new phone company
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's not good business for Koodo for many reasons .First because if you are getting another Com...Koodo wouldn't be paying off your fee, they'd take it over. If you were to leave them early, you'd be responsible for paying back the remaining balance. This would obviously only work if you're not getting a new phone on a tab from Koodo. Basically, this would give you a tab of up to 150 to pay off without getting a device in return. Sounds reasonable enough to me.
That's not good business for Koodo for many reasons .First because if you are getting another Com...I still don't agree with another company paying off a contract. It doesn't matter how it's spun, that's basically what it is.