Koodo Community
Question

Pause service during confinement

• 17 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi!

My son is not really using his cell phone currently because of the Covid confinement, he does his schooling at home. He is using his cell phone only for emergencies… so no emergencies at home.  It is a “Pay as go” package.

So, I wanted to know if it is possible to pause the account for a while.

Otherwise, if I close the account, I will loose the minutes that I bought, right?  And what are the charges to re-open a line?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can decide not to top it up anymore but keep in mind that an inactive account for 90 days i automatically canceled.

ok, just to make sure, I can stop the montly payments for maximum 90 days.  During that time, I will still keep the line #, the minutes package & will not be charged fees once I pay again, is that right?

If passed the 90 days, I decide that service is still not required, how much does it cost to open a new line?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

ok, just to make sure, I can stop the montly payments for maximum 90 days.  During that time, I will still keep the line #, the minutes package & will not be charged fees once I pay again, is that right?

If passed the 90 days, I decide that service is still not required, how much does it cost to open a new line?

Thanks!

Once it expired, you will lose any booster you had in the account. And possibly the number. It will go back to "available phone number pool" and someone might pick it up right away.

To open a new account is that  you need a new SIM and activate it. So the cost is for new SIM and new base plan