Koodo Community
Solved

Partial Charge on first bill

• 4 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Recently switched over to Koodo with an offer for discount on the plan. First bill with the partial charge but the discount wasnt included. Only the full month I got the discount on. I was charged regular price for the partial charge which seems unreasonable. Anyone can advise?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 4 October 2020, 23:11

I did see the connection fee $40 waived off in the bill as part of October 1st to 31st charge. I also see the $10 discount in the October full period. But my problem is the September partial charge didn't get any discount for that. Like I said if i knew that the case I wouldn’t port over until end of September to take the minimal full charge for the partial month. 

There is always a partial charge of few days from the date of activation to the new billing cycle. It was the way they designed it https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained It is hard to predict how many days as it was determined by their computer system.. I normally saw 3,4 days but 10 days wasn’t something unusual. If you waited till the end of September to move to Koodo, your new billing cycle might have been pushed back to Oct 9 or so.

I believe the credit is only applied to a full billing cycle (not partial one) and you should receive 24 installment as they promised.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Since you joined koodo with a plan and an associated discount, I do not understand the ‘partial charge’. Why were you not fully change (and discounted) from the beginning?

Anyways, you can send a private message to koodo via Facebook/Tweeter, describe your issue and ask for an explanation.

I joined Koodo on the 21st and since their billing cycle starts on the 1st of each month, I was charged partial for the period of 21st to 30th of September. It was partial of $50 plan for that period but at full price $50 without the partial of $10 discount i hv for October

Userlevel 7

To be clear. You have accepted the prorated first charge (on the $50 plan) and you are asking for the $3 prorated [(9/30)*$10] discount. Is that correct?

Its a new activation where i was offered $50 plan with $10 discount for 24 months. I set it up on the 21st of September and the rep told me i will get a partial charge since they bill 1st of each month. My bill come out to be $16.67 for the partial charge for September and $50-$11 = $39 for the October payment. The partial charge of $16.67 is the full $50 partial charge for the period of 21st to 30th of September. There is no discount applied for that and only starts for the October payment. It just seems odd they dont applied the partial discount on that. If i knew it i would hv start the activation on the 30th instead.  

Userlevel 7

Since you were promised a $10 discount for 24 months, skipping the partial 1st discount ($3) and delaying the $10 discount to the 1st of the month may play in your favor (since the 24 months count down starts on the 1st of the month)

Userlevel 5

It is normal for the credit not to be applied until the 2nd bill (and sometimes it takes to the 3rd). You will receive 24 months of discounts from that point forward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you sign up with the Koodo deal recently? Normally the credit for connection fee (if you were eligible) would show up in 2nd and 3rd bill as Lou mentioned.

However, I would think the credit $10/month should show up by now. It should be there at the time of activation. I would suggest you contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to look into it. Facebook messaging is probably the best method https://www.facebook.com/Koodo 

I saw several cases where customers changed (ported) number into Koodo and the credit was missed because the credit was associated with the number and a rep had to reapplied. I think it might be the issue. 

I did see the connection fee $40 waived off in the bill as part of October 1st to 31st charge. I also see the $10 discount in the October full period. But my problem is the September partial charge didn't get any discount for that. Like I said if i knew that the case I wouldn’t port over until end of September to take the minimal full charge for the partial month. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is always a partial charge of few days from the date of activation to the new billing cycle. It was the way they designed it https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained It is hard to predict how many days as it was determined by their computer system.. I normally saw 3,4 days but 10 days wasn’t something unusual. If you waited till the end of September to move to Koodo, your new billing cycle might have been pushed back to Oct 9 or so.

I believe the credit is only applied to a full billing cycle (not partial one) and you should receive 24 installment as they promised.