Koodo Community
Solved

paid my bill to an old account

• 24 October 2020
  • 7 replies

I paid my bill but apparently had two payee accounts set up with my current phone number, one of which was old/incorrect, and I paid to the incorrect one. Now I’m getting messages saying my bill is past due. What next?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 24 October 2020, 19:53

I don't think they re-use account number.

If your old account is already defunct, then it should not make transfer. 

Also, online banking takes 3-5 business day to make final transfer. Contact your bank asap and make a request to stop transfer.  

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is the old incorrect account still active? 

No clue. I’ve only got one account/number listed in my account in Self Serve. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So what exactly happened? What account DID you pay to if you only have one in self serve?

Edit: are you talking about a payee in your bank account? What is the one you paid to?

Another edit: as Mayumi said below me, lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have only one account/line, can you check your "payee account" through your online banking. There should have info of account number.  

Ah. Okay so to clarify: I have one account set up in Self Serve, but I can only pay either my credit card in Self Serve, which I prefer not to do. So I always set up my accounts (phone, internet, hydro, etc) through online banking in my bank app. Each vendor/account is listed by vendor name (Koodo for this one) with the account number. I’ve had other Koodo accounts in the past, with different account numbers, and so I mistakenly paid to an old account via online banking. 

ive since deleted all the old accounts as ‘payees’ in the online banking app so this doesn’t happen again, but in the meantime, I’ve just paid $180 to a defunct account which either no longer exists or now belongs to someone else, depending on how Koodo deals with old accounts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't think they re-use account number.

If your old account is already defunct, then it should not make transfer. 

Also, online banking takes 3-5 business day to make final transfer. Contact your bank asap and make a request to stop transfer.  

Unfortunately it was too late and the payment has already gone through, but I’m contacting a rep directly to hopefully get the payment transferred to the correct account.